Something changed my life forever.

HOKUM

Car(s)
with big L on the roof
Guys, I'm in love. She costs 25000 pounds and she is grey. Let me explain.
There is an international fair in Plovdiv. Part of it is the car exhibition. So, today I went to check it out. For first time in Bulgaria you can see the new CL, the new GL, the new 3-series coupe and so on. There was even a replica ot Alonso's F1 car. It was all very nice, but then i saw the Alfa's. I saw the 147 and the 159 and said:They're gorgeous. And then i saw the Brera. This was the first time i saw her in person and I fall in love instantly. I stood there for an hour just looking at it. I love the new Audi's - the A6 and the A4. But the Brera is in different universe. This is the most beatifull car I've ever ever seen. Nothing comes close. And I do mean nothing - not one Ferrari or Lambo, or even an Aston Martin. Behind the front wheel of the Brera there's a little plate that says: Giugario. But I don't think that mortal man can create something so beautifull - the designer must've been inspired by God. And now the single purpose of my life is to own one. But it's like Clarkson and the Veyron - he drove it, but he would never own it. It's very sad, it even hurts. Damn, i want the Brera and I'm considering robering a bank to get the money.

I'm sorry for all grammar mistakes.

Hmmgm. Now is this needed? You could have put this in a tread that already has info on alfa...there are tons of them.

^Relax man, it's ok. This is an auto-forum :)

In August, I went to the Exhibition Centre at Darling Harbour (which is in the city) to see the "...largest collection of Ferrari's in the southern hemisphere" and I honestly spent more time looking at the Brera they just so happened to have there, than any other car! Remember this car was surrounded by every Ferrari since the 60's!

There are not many of them in Sydney but they look so beutiful in person and this gave me the opportunity to really get a good look at it:
http://img156.imageshack.**/img156/4062/pict0018smallrz7.jpg

sorry to say this but.... alfa has never been my cup of tea.

I change my mind about the Brera - it's extremely angle-sensitive. From some angles it's drop-dead gorgeous, but from others (side profile for instance) it's got big overhangs and loses it's appeal.

MadCow809 said:
sorry to say this but.... alfa has never been my cup of tea.
We're looking at it from a design point of view. Are you? I know mechanically speaking, they haven't been perfect in the past but design-wise, they are stunning. It just depends on if you like it's style.

I reeeeally wanted a GTV-6, I think they look good. and handle well from what i hear. but the repair costs are prohibitively expensive(being an alfa). but the car itself you can find for a mere 6 or 7k USD

Is the Brera the kinda car you have to see in person to really appreciate? Because I've never really understood what's so godly about it. I've never even understood what's especially beatiful with it.

Gorgeous, but heavy disappointment :( , even for the engine :cry:

The problem is that it uses the 159 chassis. Pros, 5 stars euroncap, if you hit a tree you can still walk, something that the average gt owner can't be sure of, Cons chassis heavy as an average tank chassis and lame GM-derived engines and absurd long gear ratio combo that make it drink fuel as a tank.

I never really liked the look of Alfas, I dunno whats wrong.

targa_997 said:
Gorgeous, but heavy disappointment :( , even for the engine :cry:
well I hope Alfa makes a GTA version of the Brera

The Brera is cool, but two things kill it for me now:

1. It's heavy, FWD based, not all that powerful, and heavy.
v14.jpg

Sure, they're not in the same price range, but if I was going to blindly lust after a gorgeous Alfa that'd be it. I still :love: the Brera, though, just not as much as the 8C above.

Ah another one!!!!!! :D

The problem is you guys talk to much about the car specs on paper......you don't understand the passion, the drama, the soul of a Alfa Romeo. Yes on paper it won't work....then you drive it....

Its something that transends car design and construction.....yes I've seen a few 159's and a new Brera here cruiseing around....You look at it from angles in a stationary photo, then watch it in traffic then you understand.

Then again you could have no imagination and get a BMW..... :lol:

I think it is ugly...should have a paper bag over it. :p

My parents have rented one while in Italy...roadtest report on their return.

Actually i think the 159 looks even better than the Brera. And yeah i wouldn't buy them because they are too heavy. I don't like heavy cars.