Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
It said in one article that he'd been flown here: The Grange BUPA Hospital in Clifton, Bristol
Anyone live close to there?

My sister lives right by it, and I'm always looking for excuses to go visit. I live in Cheltenham which is even closer to Hamster HQ.

I fired off an email to a helmet painting place just to get some ballpark figures - painting the helmet would cost around GBP250-300, and would take around 2 weeks. I know we were looking at using vinyls instead - but would vinyls give a nice enough finish?

I'd rather see a nice quality job, than something that's rushed and that doesn't look quite as good.

i agree that now we have plenty of time, we should get a good paint job done. would look nicer than vinyl and wouldn't look like a rush job. :thumbsup:

Sister is still working on it. She's redoing all the lines (to clean them up) in Illustrator, but it'd help if she had the original Zonda image she says. Anyone have it?

Nevermind -- Google rocks. :)

She's at college right now, but'll be home this evening.

While we're waiting for the helmet design and painting, is it possible to order the plush hamsters and t-shirt now if there's enough money? That way, it will all arrive by the time the helmet is being finished.

And mouth guard! Don't forget the mouth guard!

Received another couple of ballpark prices for the helmet painting (bear in mind these guys haven't seen the pic, all they have is a decription of 'cartoonish rodent driving a convertible car' - to which one guy replied that he'd recently painted a badger carrying a dust-bin... anyway, I digress).

Looks like the price would be around ?250 including a base coat and clear coat (which I'm interpreting as painting the rest of the helmet a different colour to the basic white). Also have a price of ?130 including a colour change of the helmet - but I'm not sure if that price is too cheap.

Anyway, that's our ballpark pricing. I really think we need to keep this moving - is it fair to say a full-face helmet is most people's preference?

i would go for full face. safer for him and will stop him being dazzled by his own teeth in the rear view mirror. also more chance of him using it if it is full face

Yeah full face is the way to go for sure, lots more use that way!
As a "background" color for the helmet, anyone else feel like the Great Britain flag would be cool?

I was thinking a 'colar' (towards the neck of the helmet) could be made with each country flags of contributors too... Would look mighty neat.

not sure if the flasg would clash with the orange zonda, too may bright colours. could be toned down a bit tho, or even in B&W (give it a chance it might look good)