[10x01] September 25th, 2006

BlitzR said:
So...whos going to watch 10x2?

I will too. Just to see if it gets any better or worse. I'd say if the series continues to be as bad as the first episode, I'd probably stop watching all together by episode 4 or 5.

I?ll watch the upcoming episodes, too. I liked series 9 a lot, I thought it was better than TopGear. I hope todays episode won?t be as bad as the last one.

I will watch only if there's an interesting car in it, and they are not trying to do anything funny with it. I've given up the hope for good reviews.

Woeful.

"They all loved it. They've come out to watch!" - Two people came out to watch. The other cafe patrons probably "love cars... like cars" too but couldn't be arsed putting down their latte and seeing a wooden dickhead with a clipboard crush a car with a backhoe.

I watched the ep without reading this thread first. Endured about 10 minutes then logged on to see if it was just me. It seems it wasn't.

OK guys. It didn't work. The Faking It imposter series producer and presenter were the ones on this week. You don't need to show us the others.

Fifth Gear isn't Top Gear. Most people here agree, but it wasn't awful and was worth the download especially when TG is not on.

Now I'll be downloading 10x02 just to see how bad it can get.

it was.. hmm.. "americanized" episode. tasteless, full of utter nonsense, poor footage etc. I think that the best part of the ep was Tom Ford in that self-driving golf.

i'm not fond of american shows in the first place but this is worse than the crappiest of the shows here. at least here they are 'only' biased, paid off by the auto makers, and provide usually crappy tips on installing a $4000 supercharger...

ill probably only download epis w/ interesting cars..and seeing how fifth gear usually gets the really important cars before top gear, it'll prob be alot of epis><

Next Episode?

Next Episode?

Well I'll download & watch the next episode anyways. I guess I owe the new series that much. Maybe it'll surprise us all!? Maybe they'll get rid of Lovejoy like Top Gear did the 'fat bloke' & replaced him with James May....remember? Although I'll admit it's unlikely to happen.

I say we all give episode two an honest watch & then see if t's still as bad.

and what the hell is it with the cafe thing...i liked the headquarters thing last season! and where are the shootouts!

I haven't even watch the first episode , I'm waiting the review of the 2nd one; if it's any good then I'll Download them ,but if not I'll wait until they get better (or at least as good as they were before this new serie).

for the first time, i think i liked john bentleys section the best, as he was the only one that didnt act like he was trying out for hamsters spot on topgear

plus i read a article on the automated GTi and it was braging about how it was faster than ANY human, so when bentley beat the auto-GTi it was a laugh

i say they hire that gregor guy! HA! HA! HA! HA!

OttobonTRD said:
for the first time, i think i liked john bentleys section the best, as he was the only one that didnt act like he was trying out for hamsters spot on topgear

plus i read a article on the automated GTi and it was braging about how it was faster than ANY human, so when bentley beat the auto-GTi it was a laugh

i say they hire that gregor guy! HA! HA! HA! HA!

To give the automated GTi credit, I think the addition of the second person in the car probably slowed the time at least that extra second. And I agree, they should hire Gregor. He certainly was way better than the other new people on the show.

Well, I used to enjoy Fifth Gear as a nice, informative contrast to my favorite show, Top Gear. This 350MB pile of shite was the worst 45 minutes of my TV-viewling life!

So disappointing.

Fifth Gear has a huge chance to pick up TG viewers craving some kind of quality car show, but this format/production/presenters/lame films is only going to lose more of their viewership -- if that's possible.

... and it's too bad, because Fifth Gear can compliment TG nicely if they don't try to trump TG. They will never achieve that. If they keep trying to switch up the format and try to copy TG, people (as seen on this forum) will revolt.

Damn, I'll watch the old-school TG eps over this new Fifth Gear. I'm not even sure I will DL the next ep. Hear that, Fifth Gear producers?!?

Vicky sounds like she wants to shag Tiff or something.. and the new guy.. he sucks big balls, bring JASON PLATO back!!!

WTF did they did do??? The cafe segments are utterly woeful, get rid of Lovejoy now and lose the cafe thing altogether, Vicki seems to be trying far too hard in the presenter role too. Terrible, just terrible.

t3h r0x0rs said:
BlitzR said:
So...whos going to watch 10x2?

I will too. Just to see if it gets any better or worse. I'd say if the series continues to be as bad as the first episode, I'd probably stop watching all together by episode 4 or 5.

Ditto - I'm giving it a chance to improve, I mean hey it can't get any worse... can it? :unsure:

This new season is off to a disappointing start. I felt like I was listening to a podcast. I was expecting a car show, not a documentary. Did they have a substantial budget cut or something?

Ten pages and STILL no one disagrees that this ep was some degree of horrible.

Put Al Gore in the Reasonably Priced Car, maybe I'll listen to his eco-babble.
Instead of "Wreck My Ride", how 'bout we try "Wreck Tim Lovesboys"?
At least let Tiff review the car before you try to rip off TG.
Run the most powerful works Mini on the smallest possible track?
Bentley's films have always been informative, but yes, it's truly sad when he's the most entertaining.

But like a train wreck, I must now view ep 2 to see if it can get any worse.

Well i've just seen #2 and thats what it is , a big fat pile of #2's!

What happend to Jason?
and who's this Tim Lovejoy bloke!, what a wanker! :thumbsdown:
whats he doing on a car show,good to see Tom again, always funny that guy,i miss the racing between Jason and Tif.
Hope the 3rd Episode's better.
Get well soon Hamster, bring back TG. :thumbsup: