TG Lap Record Broken (Unofficially)

well, drivers are different so time doesn't matter. + I dont think Top Gear were shooting that.

Still damn impressive.

So does this mean the gauntlet has been thrown down?

that is a damned impressive time :thumbsup:

yea great driving!, but i wouldnt b suprised if the CSR could beat the CCX w/ the stig

That hardly looks or sounds like a production model and if we aren't doing production models, well then the F1 lap times kick that thing's ass.

Viper007Bond said:
That hardly looks or sounds like a production model and if we aren't doing production models, well then the F1 lap times kick that thing's ass.

http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/sevens/csr.htm

CSR260 Model
ENGINE:
Cosworth 2.3-litre Ford Duratec Max power: 260 bhp
Maximum Speed: 155mph
0-60 3.1 seconds

Costs only ?31,000. Very good performance for the money, but I guess it is very hard to live with.

You sure that's that car though? The one in the video looks completely stripped out and everything and it sounds too loud to be able to pass the DMV equiv.

oh right. i see what you mean. altough i can only see the passenger seat missing. oh well, at least the video shows the performance potential.

Wow, interesting video, funny how they remade the times board.

I'm fairly certain that its standard part from possibly the passenger seat being removed. There isn't a lot else to remove. The engine doen't sound too loud and it has a reg plate so it should be street legal.

awsome time :)

Very nice time. And this is not the stig, which makes me believe he hasn't driven round that track a billion times, so would be interesting to see what the stig could've managed. :)

Viper007Bond said:
You sure that's that car though? The one in the video looks completely stripped out and everything and it sounds too loud to be able to pass the DMV equiv.
Its a caterham, its possible to buy stripped versions (not like there is a lot there to begin with). And this isnt the US we are talking about, kit-cars are very road legal in the UK

bartboy9891 said:
Viper007Bond said:
Its a caterham, its possible to buy stripped versions (not like there is a lot there to begin with). And this isnt the US we are talking about, kit-cars are very road legal in the UK
True, the rules for a kit car are far less strict than a normal car.