Holy Shit I drove a 2006 F430 today

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
I have driven a lot of hot cars over the past couple of years because of the type of sales I am in but never anything like this.

M3, M5, M6 of any year cannot compare. AMG anything is whimpy and clumsy in comparison. Viper underpowered and no finesse. I could go on and on.

The closest thing I could compare it to was the Lotus Elise that I drove. The steering was that telepathic but with hand of god acceleration. Hell I will say the F430 steering was even more precise and the Ferrari was so much more comfortable.

Hell I could actually fit in the F430 and I didn't really fit in the Lotus. The seats were amazing and the leather was just perfect. Everything on the car was perfect.

One of my car collector clients came by today to chat and was driving the F430 with his buddy driving a 575M. They were out having a guys day out and were just stopping by in between test drives in other sports cars. He gave me the keys asked his buddy to go with me and show me how to drive it. His only request was to, "keep it under 8,000 rpms ok man."

OMG I had a shit eating grin the rest of the day.

The one I drove was basicly just like this one including the shields on the fenders.

F430

Only real differances are that his car has tan carpet instead of black and the tach in his car is red not yellow.

Re: Holy Shit I drove a 2006 F430 today

British_Rover said:
His only request was to, "keep it under 8,000 rpms ok man."

Hahaha, that's awesome. F1 or 6 spd?

So that means you went till 7K RPM? and how fast?

Nice... but photos?

I hate you.

That eBay auction shows just how insane the prices of F430's have become due to the laws of supply and demand.

F430 = US $265,900

Rolls Royce Phantom = US $239,000

F430 Spyders are being sold by dealers US $70,000-$100,000 more then the recommended price.

Ok so to answer your questions it was a F1 style tranny not regular manual and I must say it is the best of the SMG trannies I have driven. Much better then the BMW SMG in the M5 or M6 and better then the Quatraportte I drove. Although the Quatraportte I drove was an earlier model which has had problems with the SMG. I know that particular client of mine has gotten several software updates and he says it is much better now. The newer Quatraporttes SMGs are supposed to be just as slick as the F430.

The roads where my office are are fairly crowded so we took it a few minutes away out of the congestion. Even then I was a little hesitant to get on it too much as a F430 costs a good bit more then my house. I hit about 6,000 rpms but I didn't go over 70 mph and even then the car was incredible. I had a chance to hit a couple of corners at a speed that would have been exciting for a normal car but in the F430 it was nothing.

Seriously hand of god acceleration and braking just any time you want to blow the doors off something you can. Any speed and gear it doesn't matter you don't even really need to flick the down paddle.

My client said that if he had wanted a Spyder it would have cost him a $100,000 over sticker price. He paid about $50,000 over for his F430 that has a lot of extras added to it. For example the Ferrari shields on the fenders are 3,000 dollars for the set, the heavy cream colored stiching around the edges of the leather on the tan seats is a 1,000 dollars.

Sorry about the no pictures I don't have a camera phone and I didn't have my little digitial camera with me at the time. I will start carrying my little digital camera with me more often and get some pictures of all the hot cars I see on a weekly basis.

As for my job I work in high line car sales, median income of my clients is over 250,000 dollars USD a year, so I see lots of hot metal. I also have several clients who are car collectors so they by two or three cars a year from me.

---
Edited twice because I can't spell median.

you.lucky.f*ck :x :D

that was awfully nice of the owner to let you drive it tho, heard another story on sportscarforums about a guy(drove a 1st gen miata manual) who got to drive a diablo, but the owner let him go crazy w/ it, went up to like 130mph on the highway(this was in america)

ill try and find the exact post, its a sick story