I love the Honda S2000.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
I drove one today and it was absolutely amazing. Direct, tight steering which has a lot of feedback. Extremely stiff ride, comfortable yet supportive seats. The only problem I have with it is the number of gears (I have this beliefe that all sports cars should never have more than four gears) and the fact that most of the power doesn't kick in until 5000 RPM.

Yeah they're nice little car, half the fun of that car is the high revving nature of the engine.

Yeah I'd imagine that VTECH engine would have been pretty sweet 8)

Re: I love the Honda S2000.

zeoniks said:
(I have this beliefe that all sports cars should never have more than four gears).

:shock: Please explain?

I had this Vtech for years. It even had a mouse :thumbsup:
vlp.jpg

Yeah, really is a nice car.

MX-5 x 2

Would love to have one in black with beige interior. Sad thing is there is almost none in DK. Just checked and there are no one for sale in Denmark.
But I guess you can import one from Germany if you really wanted one.
28.000 - 33.000 euro for a almost new one.
DK price would be 33.000 euro x 1.8
:|

It is a nice car, but not as leisurely as an MX-5. If you want performance, it's obviously a better pick, but if you want to float along in perfect harmony, the MX-5 is the pick.

Tough choice between those two cars. No (relatively) inexpensive roadster comes close to them. (Not even the Solstice GXP).

zeoniks said:
The only problem I have with it is the number of gears (I have this belief that all sports cars should never have more than four gears)

And your reasoning? I am assuming that you feel that a fifth or sixth gear is an overdrive gear, thus negating the correct ratio for optimum accelaration.

The only problem I have with it is the number of gears (I have this belief that all sports cars should never have more than four gears)
That makes no sense, because usually, more gears = better accelleration (let's forget about the driver's shifting skills for now).

Generally, if a car maker puts in six gears intead of five, they don't just add a gear on top to total it to six gears. They change all of the gears to make them shorter and closer together. This results in lower top speeds in gears (ie.: say top speed in 1st gear on a 5-speed is 30MPH; but if put a 6-speed gearbox in the same car, top speed in 1st gear may be 25MPH), but better accelleration because of the shorter gear ratios.

jayhawk said:
zeoniks said:

And your reasoning? I am assuming that you feel that a fifth or sixth gear is an overdrive gear, thus negating the correct ratio for optimum accelaration.

Yeah. The S2000 just has one too many gears. I think five would be best.

zeoniks said:
jayhawk said:
zeoniks said:

If the sixth is an overdrive which I think is a safe assumption then you are left with 5 gears with optimal acceleration. If you only had five gears and again assume the fifth was an overdrive, then you would be only left with 4 for acceleration thus decreasing your acceleration as each would have be to be longer.

zeoniks said:
jayhawk said:
zeoniks said:

6th gear in that car is just for cruising top seed is going to be achived in 5th gear. 5th gear is .97:1 so just slightly over driven but even with the low torque of the S2000 motor that is going to be your top speed gear. 6th gear is .81:1 which is going to be a steep enough overdrive with the low torque of the motor to keep you from hitting top speed in that gear.

That 6th gear probably keeps the S2000 from being hit wih the gas guzzler tax.

i like the s2000 to drive hard, but putting around town is a bit dull, i mean sure going speedy through corners is fun, but the 350Z is just as solid in the corners. the only difference is on the limit. Back to the point, for day to day driving a car with torque which you can punch around in is so much more enjoyable as opposed to that feeling of the s2000. Also having that plastic rear windshield is horrible, i could barely see, especially after the car is 2+ years old.

how was the tranny though? good huh? so slick.. so easy

I tried out a S2000 once, it was nice but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the steering wheel to my liking. Neither could the salesmen. I've concluded it's a non-adjustable wheel, which annoys me.

As far as i know the s2000 only has a height adjustable wheel not telescopic.

I've only driven shotgun in one but if the transmission is anything like the one in my honda, it's a dream to use (tap it in and it goes)

glad u like it as well.. i drove one about 2 years ago, awesome car

justvisiting said:
Also having that plastic rear windshield is horrible, i could barely see, especially after the car is 2+ years old.

how was the tranny though? good huh? so slick.. so easy

the s2000 has been revised and now they do come with a glass rear windshield, plus better sound system..

Crisp and slick gearbox with a great 2litre high revving V-TEC engine + great driving posistion + perfect FMR setup + rwd. Its a wonderful car to drive around

Give it a solid roof and classic dials, and I'll buy it right away! 8)