Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck it, buy Invision ($185)

• Hmm, I dunno / I'm clueless!

• Total voters
tough it out viper... phpBB2 FTW :p

JohnSpain said:
^ So be it. Just _please_ be careful on the theme. I really love the layout of this board.
We'll be finding a similiar theme to use or getting someone to re-make this theme for us in vB hopefully. :)

Can there be a voting option for "i'd like to read the forums more often but i dont have the time " :)

as long as the news items keep comeing on fifth and top gear im happy.

:mrgreen: :thumbsup: :p

ppl are pissed cause everyones post count will get reset if you change boards :p

andyhui01 said:
Bizness said:
ppl are pissed cause everyones post count will get reset if you change boards :p

nope... everything will be converted over :D

when I switched from a Php board to VB, I was unable to bring ppls post counts over..ppl were pissed..lol

I've used phpBB as well as vB and SMF..

phpBB just does too many queries against the server to get the information out. too many joins, too many simple little queries.. and every little mod make it more backend heavy.

perhaps phpBB3 is different, but you really have to beef up your mysql config for phpBB. SMF and vB all handle high loads well, as the queries are more optimized.

i've been using SMF now for a year and quite unlike phpBB.. it hasn't had a corrupted table yet.. no post count issues, no topic updating issues, no orphan threads.. it just works. It works so good I hardly need to visit my site anymore.. :lol:

ok ok , if you have to switch to vB then I demand an adult section :p of course this section will be related to cars :mrgreen:

Bizness said:
andyhui01 said:
Bizness said:

nope... everything will be converted over :D

when I switched from a Php board to VB, I was unable to bring ppls post counts over..ppl were pissed..lol
Post counts are converted just fine here. We even tested it. :)

Just bought a copy of vB. :)

As an admin of a vBulletin site I can say you will not regret the purchase at all.

It is far and above the best Forum software available in my opinion.

Yeah, right now we are doing test conversions before hand so we can fix any bugs before the final move. The full move will be in a week or so once we are completely prepared for it.

Sweet. :thumbsup: Viper.

w00t! :thumbsup:

BOO!!!!!

.....just kidding :lol:

;)

is there going to be a view posts since last visit button? Because thats the only button I use :lol:

and good work viper :D

Yes, there is a link for "New Posts" at the top after you login. If you're not logged in, it displays "Today's Posts" instead.

And good work to all involved. Maybe you should integrate some "portal" modules into the main site, such as lastest thread list, forum stats, birthdays, etc. I guess that would mean more database queries and more server load though.