Local SMART

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
I'm not sure if this is a repost (I searched, but there might be a topic out there) but it seems Smart has finally made it to this part of the US. Here is a link to my semi-local euro car dealership.

http://www.raycoeuro.com/html/06SmartPassionHatchBlue/index.htm

There is a slideshow gallery there of the first Smart they have for sale. I know Smarts have been in Canada for awhile, and jetsetter posted some pics awhile back of spy shots in the south west area. But this is my first sighting in this area.

This dealership is normally really helpful and very cooperative... but $29,900 for a two-seater, 3-cylinder, econo mini? Umm... right.

This Smart was certainly imported and converted by the dealer. There is no way that DC would sell a car for twice as much in the US as in Europe. Normally their cars are even cheaper in the US. :bangin:

There is a company called ZAP! that brings them into the US. A dealer in Pittsburgh PA. has been selling them for at least a year now. But they are around that same price.

When I was looking for a car and regularly buying Auto Traders, I just about crapped my pants when I happened to come across Smart cars for $25 or $30 grand! I can't believe there are people dumb enough to pay that for what, arguably, shouldn't actually classify as a "car".

Pretentiousness has no price.

I know a girl who drives a smart because it's the only thing she can parallel park.