Welcome to vBulletin!

The Forum Rules announcement for the What's that Song forum seem to always show up at the top of the New Posts thread list. :?
[URL=http://img146.imageshack.**/my.php?image=forumprobtc0.jpg]http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/1084/forumprobtc0.th.jpg
[/URL]
That's because they are technically new posts. I just made them to replace the sticky in the old forum. They'll go away when your session expires (close your browser, let it sit for 15 min, etc.).

Wow! I go away for 2 days, come back and BANG!

Have to get used to the new look but hey, a change is as good as a holiday! :D

I'm l33t. Look to the left, under the post count. ^_^

Best thing is that vB is uber and was super easy to do. It has the built in ability to add fields to people's profiles (input, textarea, buttons, etc.) and then I just edited the template for the posts (it's all stored in the database and editable via the admin area):

Code:
<if condition="$post['field5']"><div>My Car: $post[field5]</div></if>

So wait, I don't get it. are the titles we get under our user name controlled by the mods/admin or can we set our own now ?

At the moment, only admins can set other people's and mods can set their own. I'm considering letting people set their own. If not, we'll go back to the manual setting of them by admins.

Awesome work...VB is def the way to go...

View posts since last visit

View posts since last visit

Question: Where's the "View posts since last visit" link? I used it all the time. Would be great to see this.

Otherwise nice work!

Nvm, found it! :)

Last edited:
Question: Where's the "View posts since last visit" link? I used it all the time. Would be great to see this.

Otherwise nice work!

Nvm, found it! :)
In the navbar: "New Posts". It's nearly in the middle.

Very nice! Really liking the development.
Just a couple of things. Only problem I see with the multi-quote as opposed to the old style of having quotes in quotes is that it's difficult to use multiquote if the post you want to quote is on a previous page... (i.e. you want to quote posts across more than one page).

Also, I'd prefer the old system of mods setting up titles for people (even though I didn't have one!) as otherwise you just end up with all sorts of rubbish. Gives a uniqueness to the mods and oldies that they should have...
Just my 2p...

At the moment, only admins can set other people's and mods can set their own. I'm considering letting people set their own. If not, we'll go back to the manual setting of them by admins.

IMO, you shouldn't let everbody have a title... Thats what the Sig is for...

I was thinking more along the lines of people who have like 500 posts and up or have been a member X long.

I second that ... let the mods or admins give out titles only ... that keeps it in line with the last forums, and people can't change back their little title that reminds them of some embarassing scene which we found funny.
All in the name of fun, titles should be se by admins.

And yes, I want one. :D

I second that ... let the mods or admins give out titles only ... that keeps it in line with the last forums, and people can't change back their little title that reminds them of some embarassing scene which we found funny.

Yup, that's pretty much what I was thinking!
(and I wouldn't mind one as well!)
But 500+ posts may mean too many people have one - more like over 1000 posts. After all, it was deemed a while back that after 1000 posts FG gets your soul! :)

I definantly agree with that. Letting people choose their own just won't work.