Hammond to make Top Gear return in January

monkeymax

Car(s)
Toyota MR2 Mk1, Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC, Peugeot 309
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24102006/364/hammond-top-gear-return-january.html

TV presenter Richard Hammond will resume filming Top Gear in January, just four months after he suffered a severe brain injury in a jet car crash.

The 36-year-old was filming the BBC motoring show when the high speed accident happened last month.

Television producer Andy Wilman says, "We plan to bring Top Gear back in January and the doctor said, 'That's fine - I don't see any problem with that.'

"They want him to rest his brain as much as possible until then and not think about work. If he does that doctors are confident he'll be able to appear on the show."

Just saw this and thought I'd post it up here. Sorry if it's been put somewhere else, but had a look and couldn't find it.

Wierd thing is, BBC haven't said anything along these lines themselves yet...

remember the typical catchphrase by James everytime he is overwhelmed by a car..?

"OOh yessss!!!"

Now if we all just drink a lot of alcohol every day until January time will go twice as fast!

(as you won't remember half of the day)

POWERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

:bangin: - that's for you, India Knight!

:dance: :banana: :p

alokharidas said:
remember the typical catchphrase by James everytime he is overwhelmed by a car..?

"OOh yessss!!!"

i can only recall jeremy saying that

AND WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

It is fantastic news. I read the news links here on the home page & Richard seems to now know exactly what happened to him. I read the helmet supplier wanted the helmet back to test as this is their first 'live' test at such high speeds....& it saved Hamsters life.

Sure we now have hallowe'en then xmas will follow soon after & we won't see the new year coming. It all goes by so fast & I sincerely hope Hamster is well enough to go back in January.

He's one hell of a lucky guy :mrgreen:

Great news

Let the countdown start

Awesome. Official word FTW. :D
Yes, noe that thats official in a couple of days maniacs will write on blogs and newspapers how they want TG off the air again. :)

alokharidas said:

"OOh yessss!!!"
In season 8 where they were roadies for the Who May was amused by cruise controll in his Renault. :tease:
"YaAaAYYYY!!!! Cruise controll!! :D "

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24102006/364/hammond-top-gear-return-january.html

Just saw this and thought I'd post it up here. Sorry if it's been put somewhere else, but had a look and couldn't find it.

Wierd thing is, BBC haven't said anything along these lines themselves yet...

Magic, he's been amazingly fortunate, and we're amazingly lucky that he wants to come back to the show (and from the Mirror articles, that his family is happy about that (though no more jet cars :) )