Prius hypocrisy

What's with private jets anyway? I'm not sure but the range cannot be nearly as long as a 747 type of aircraft. Plus I've seen business jet interiors and honestly there are first class offerings from people such as BA which are head and shoulders better than your average Learjet. You can pay less and travel comfortably... you won't be able to have your limo drive to the steps of the plane but you there's enough fast track areas in airports that you won't have to go very far.

Unless of course by a private jet you mean a 747 like Air Force One. :D

Last edited:
What's with private jets anyway? I'm not sure but the range cannot be nearly as long as a 747 type of aircraft. Plus I've seen business jet interiors and honestly there are first class offerings from people such as BA which are head and shoulders better than your average Learjet. You can pay less and travel comfortably... you won't be able to have your limo drive to the steps of the plane but you there's enough fast track areas in airports that you won't have to go very far.

Its just like those dinner sized necklaces, its all about showing off your wealth.

Yeah, but think about it, you're paying I'm guessing around $50,000 when you can fly more comfortably in a $10.000 first class seat. Most of the personal jets I have seen, despite being luxurious, don't give you the same level of comfort such as beds and massages and the kind of meals you get in premium classes.

I guess if you want to keep to yourself or have a lot of people that are flying with you it's worth the price... so I guess it suits celebrities because of the privacy issue. Still, I would never buy or even lease a plane.

Business Jets (or private jets if you prefer) hold the main mission of allowing people to move in a fashion that is more convienant for their schedules, which can be important for some people (usually businesses). Some smaller private jets are rather fuel efficent, and great for the civil aviator who has some extra cash.

Jets such as the Gulfstream G550 and Cessna Citation X can fly faster and just as far as some of the transoceanic comercial aircraft.

The reason many people see them as waisteful, is despite burning less fuel total, their passenger miles per gallon is much less. pmpg is often used to show how a fully loaded Chevrolet Suburban can be more fuel efficent than some smaller cars.

Some comparrisons:

Gulfstream G550.......................................16 pmpg
Boeing 747-400........................................70 pmpg
Chevrolet Suburban (9 passengers)..............135/189 pmpg
Honda Accord Hybrid (5 passengers).............140/175 pmpg
Toyota Prius (5 passengers)........................300/255 pmpg

I guess if you want to keep to yourself or have a lot of people that are flying with you it's worth the price... so I guess it suits celebrities because of the privacy issue. Still, I would never buy or even lease a plane.
Exactly. Can you imagine if Brad Pitt was flying on United or Northwest? "Hi, this is your captain speaking, we're set for a smooth flight today, and it is a pleasure to announce that Brad Pitt will be joining us for this flight today." "OMG! DID HE SAY BRAD PITT?!" "HOLY SHIT!" "CAN I HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH?" "Now now, move along people...HOLY JESUS IT REALLY IS HIM! CAN I HAVE A PICTURE WITH YOU?" "I LOVED YOU IN FIGHT CLUB, MAN!" "IS ANGELINA REALLY GOOD IN THE SACK?"

John Travolta probably doesn't have this problem, seeing as he has his own 707. Does he drive a Prius?

But I bet nobody in first class would stare at Brad Pitt... they got their own cash, so Brad can go suck a tree.