To Ease The Pain

Ventura6

We are in pain. According to Clarkson, Hammond is all better, and yet they show does not go on. At least until January. So we still have 2-3 months of withdrawal to look forward to.

How do we satisfy the craving? Do we watch our precious Top Gear episodes over and over, laughing at how Clarkson compares everything to pogosticks and space-hoppers? No. Like everything, this situation is what we make of it.

So lets make something. We all drive cars, and many of us have video cameras. Well, I don't have a video camera, and I am camera shy, so I will not be participating, but ... Nevertheless.

I suggest, as entertainment for those who are suffering withdrawal, review a car in the style of Top Gear, on camera. Post it up on YouTube and become a legend. I have looked and these types of reviews are virtually non-existent. So, to occupy your time, get some friends together, take your Honda Civic (or whatever) out on a road test, and tell us how it is. It will be good exercise, I promise. And we have talented people lurking these threads I am sure, so I have trouble believing that it cannot be done.

What do you guys think of this? Any takers?

The concept isn't bad, but instead of YouTube we should compile them all into a "show."

There's plenty of people on here that are good with video editing, if someone wanted to take this challenge and run with it we could really have something going.

Of course, everyone should practice safe driving and make sure the camera is secured so you're not driving and trying to hold a camera. :coplight:

I don't know about reviewing a car but i might go on a challenge/road trip with two of my mates. After watching the Zonda/Ford GT/F430 trip to that French bridge for the 10th time i thought i might cool to take three cars on an epic journey (Well devon to scotland maybe). We could try and film it in the same style as TopGear i suppose. :D

The three cars would be a CRX Del Sol, a Ford Puma and a MGF, so we could call it "Sports cars for less than ?3000"! :p

If the weather is not completely crap all weekend, I might give it a go.

It would be a self-defeating concept for me, since by definition I can't do TopGear, and since I can't do it I'll never consider it good enough. =)

But I will be taking my dad's E550 out for a real spin now that it's broken-in, maybe I can mutter comments to myself.

reviewing the 3 cars that i can get my hands on wont interest anybody

I did a comedy one with a Pontiac Bonneville.. Was quite a laugh.

I kept calling it a Benzo, but aye good vids.. keep it up! can't wait to see more to get that twitch out of me.

wow that's excellent. I loved the testarossa review. And it was funny to see how special an M3 is to americans :D Over here in Europe they are fairly common actually. But the acting was a bit over the top on the M3 one. Perhaps I'll make a video about my friends Porsche 944 :p I think he's up for it hehe.

I have been thinking about filming a Top Gear Challenge, myself.... I'll think about it some more.

And it was funny to see how special an M3 is to americans :D Over here in Europe they are fairly common actually. But the acting was a bit over the top on the M3 one.

They actually arn't That special here in CA either... 3 or 4 of my friends from HS had them (the m3 kids, so very highschool, lol) and there are a few parked in my apartment complex..
I think he did made it sound rare just for dramatic effect. Also they are like 55k and you can pick one up with ~30K miles for 29-32K these days.

a bit far dont ya think?

I'll road test my dad's Saturn Ion if/when I can find a suitable test track.

you know, u can buy a camera mount, that uses suction cups, to mount ur camera on pretty much all parts of the car for like 70 euros... i'm thinking of investing in one of those. they're uber steady! depends if u drive like a baffoon though of course hehehe :p

thats a tad bit scary dont you think? camera's are expensive.

Id make sure the paint surface is clean QD spray it at least, then clean the suction tips before mounting as well or you'll have little round marring spots