Two Words: Corinthian Leather

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
But is it....rich? Sadly, no. Not yet.

In this particular Chrysler ad starring Ricardo Montalban (of course), the pimptacular brown '76 Cordoba he rolls in is equipped with the super-fly velourish interior, and the Corinthian leather we all know and love is merely given lip service as being "smooth." No matter. We know how it all turns out. In Cordoba, the "new small Chrysler" (cough -- 17.9 feet -- cough), Ricardo has what he needs.

Watch it after the jump, and then practice rolling your "R's" so that you too can be as suave as The Montalban.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV06_moDqSw&eurl=

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/21/video-two-words-corinthian-leather/

http://img120.imageshack.**/img120/3636/76cordobamontalbanuc4rq1.jpg

Those were days guys. It's sad that we will most likely never see them again. :cry:

But seriously, ain't that Cordoba sweet?

The front end's pretty ugly.
Like the wire wheels though :thumbsup:

I say bring back velour....... :twisted:

Re: Two Words: Corinthian Leather

jetsetter said:
Those were days guys. It's sad that we will most likely never see them again. :cry:

NO, it isnt. It represented what I call "the brown era", the period between 1972 and 1980, the dark ages. Everything that was wrong with the American automotive industry is represented in a 58 second you tube clip. The majority of American vehicles were slow, stupid and clumsy, and it is better to forget them, and spotlight the few cars that were good from that era.

jayhawk said:
jetsetter said:

NO, it isnt. It represented what I call "the brown era", the period between 1972 and 1980, the dark ages. Everything that was wrong with the American automotive industry is represented in a 58 second you tube clip. The majority of American vehicles were slow, stupid and clumsy, and it is better to forget them, and spotlight the few cars that were good from that era.

I was kidding man. :thumbsup:

I thought I was going crazy for a minute there. :|

jayhawk said:
jetsetter said:

Link please :|

-Cpt. J.- said:
jayhawk said:
jetsetter said:

Link please :|
Err...try the first post.

niteriyder said:
that car makes me want to shoot people :yucky:

You know you love it.

:lol: "the small chrysler"

I'm not familiar with the guy, but I think he is the type of going who come on to everryone:

"Hola I am Ricardoooo..."
"Why don't you put your cock away Ricardo"

Russel Peters Joke :p

jetsetter said:

I would actually extend that to about 1982 or 1983. Things didn't really start turning around till about then.

The 70's... the Era that taste forgot.

And for anyone not getting the joke, Corinthian Leather is nothing more than a marketing ploy to make people think the cheapest leather chrysler could get their hands on was of any decent quality.

Speed tv once in a while does a show on old car commercials and this one is their favorite to tear to pieces.

I say bring back velour....... :twisted:

VW used to have velour and it was glorious. I have to say after having leather for a while i wish i could find really great velour interior rather than the "it makes clean up easy leather" that they put in today. Oh to those who dont know Corinthian leather was just an ad mans idea of value added. Also a question was asked who Ricardo Montalban is should look up Fantasy island.

or Star Trek 2.

jetsetter said:

or Star Trek 2.

Kahn, Kahn, Kahn....