How the Republicans will maintain power

From Leftlanenews

Gas prices today fell as low as $2.05 in Iowa for a gallon regular unleaded. 15 pumping stations reported prices between $2.05 and $2.16. Yesterday, we reported that gas prices nationwide fell an average of 21 cents over the past two weeks. In late August, the Oil Price Information Service reported gas prices could fall close to $2 by Thanksgiving.

Do you want one slightly tainted ex-priminister going cheap? We've got one for sale or rent quite soon, I am sure a deal could be struck. Or you could alway go for the Governator, he'll probably be back. Seriously choose who you like but turn up and vote you should not moan about government unless you bother to vote IMHO - I mean all countries by that too, Australia excepted.

From Leftlanenews

The lone analyst that years ago predicted oil prices would soar to record levels now says they are poised for a dramatic plunge to late-1990s levels. Gas prices could fall as low as $1.15 a gallon, Philip K. Verleger told the McClatchy News Service. Gas prices have already dropped significantly in recent weeks, with more conservative estimates putting gas near $2 by Thanksgiving. But Verleger thinks prices could go even lower. With fighting easing in Nigeria, Israel, and Lebanon, the potential for a warm winter, and a lack of hurricane activity, oil and gas prices could drop in a big way, Verleger says.

2 dollars by thanksgiving and lower in the heartland the central concern of both partys for votes

I always wondered why US citizens do not vote directly for their presidents.

There are a number of reason why the electoral college was not only created but still in place one of which: under this system large population centers wont disfranchise smaller groups. Mind you i live in a state where my votes were for Gore and Kerry even if one voted differently. Mind you if electoral votes were split to reflect popular votes upstate would be alienated from downstate and evenless money would be shared with neighbors.

Back on point as gas drops you have seen more people filling up more often and saying how nice it is to see the gas price low again the next thing is linking safety, gas, and the economy and you will have more people feeling that the status quo is right

Average gas prices in the United States are likely to fall as low as $2.25 per gallon, the U.S. Energy Information Administration said today. "Reductions already seen in spot and futures markets could imply a further decrease in the U.S. average retail price of as much as 25 cents (to around $2.25 per gallon), if those wholesale markets don't turn upward in the interim," the EIA said in its weekly review of the oil market. The national price for regular gasoline has already declined 54 cents over the last six weeks.

This is all emaculatly planned

From Leftlanenews on USA today

U.S. president George W. Bush's approval rating has a direct correlation to gas prices, according to a report by USA Today. "Statisticians who have compared changes in gas prices and Bush's ratings through his presidency have found a steady relationship: As gas prices rise, his ratings fall. As gas prices fall, his ratings rise," explains the newspaper. A statistical analysis by Doug Henwood found an "uncanny" 78% of the movement in Bush's ratings could be correlated with changes in gas prices. With gas prices expected to continue their slide, Henwood expects to see "his approval numbers rise into the mid-40s."

This was just published hahaha

Clinton Poll Numbers
http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/3729/wjcrrqv3.th.gif
Bush Poll Numbers
http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/2329/gwbrrau7.th.gif

Fairly similar, nothing to worry about in your second term. Mind you that a smart political move as President of your party is to make your self out to be the villain as to allow other party members to look better by comparison. Take for example "independent" republicans that chastised the bush interrogation tactics stance and then later came up with the compromise. Bush will be more hard line and democrats will go completely to the other side of the ring looking for a fight as Republicans will come off as reasonable middle ground centrist .

Dow: Record high for 2nd day
Wall Street has a party as more investors jump on record-setting bandwagon; oil higher; gold tumbles.

Had the folly with Foley not happened this would have put the republicans over the top. As it is now i would say that its more of "anyone but who we got" type deal for some voters. Narrow margin for republicans to maintain control but if they dont: watch the economy rise for about 40 months then sharply decline.

Momentum57 said:
Clinton Poll Numbers
http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/3729/wjcrrqv3.th.gif
Bush Poll Numbers
http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/2329/gwbrrau7.th.gif
(Sorry I didn't see this before)
What's that green line? It is identical in both graphs, which of course if impossible if it's not the same data.[/b]

Momentum57 said:
Dow: Record high for 2nd day
Wall Street has a party as more investors jump on record-setting bandwagon; oil higher; gold tumbles.
I'm up 7.5% on my 401k (retirement fund) this year.
Not great, but not all that bad.

i believe the green line is an average over the last 10 presidents. Our economy is really very good it is mostly the perception created by liberal media that there is a problem. The majority of liberials are young college students that do not have to think of money on the same level because they still have parents as a saftey net. I didnt notice any mention of the records on the daily show or colbert, again jon stewart did handle foley with some tact. Yet the problem is that news outlets can be used as tools and are blinded by what ever occurs at one moment. Stewart on crossfire created a great idea instead of having people speculate why not have an investigation and a discussion on the pros and cons concluding with disclamer that the viewer should make up their own opinion

Well for the best of mandkind and well-being of the USA people, I sure sincerely hope high fuel prices.

well your out of luck the predictions on prices are very much correct, and earlier than expected. Our national average is about 2.18 right now and in my neck of the woods about 2.30ish. The 1.80 prediction seems even more likely now.