SLK 63?

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Is there an SLK63 coming and will the SLK be receiving a facelift? My dad is looking to order an SLK AMG in a while to replace his R170.

Will it look any different?

My guess is there might be a minor facelift. The old model was sold for 7 years, the current has only been around for 2.

The bodykit will be different because it's a new AMG but the basic design is the same as it is still not time for a facelift yet. There have been a few pics of it around...looks pretty sweet as usual.

Yeah I really like the R171 SLKs... the one my dad has is pretty rubbish.

Just out of curiocity, which wheels do you think he'll be getting for it? I know you mentioned how you don't like the wheel style the SL55 has, a few days ago. The SLK 55 has the same style and I assume the '63 version will as well.

I'd be good if he specify's those nice 5-spokers. I've seen them on a black '55 and they look REALLY good :heart:

Yeah, like the small 5-spoke ones like from the F1 safety car... that's what I'd like him to get.

Yeah, like the small 5-spoke ones like from the F1 safety car... that's what I'd like him to get.
Nah man I'm talking about the 19"ers you get on stuff like the CLS 55. That's what I saw on a SLK 55 and boy was it sweet :D

i dunno whats with you and not liking stock wheels
but
u can always get aftermarket
so i dont know ...
the factory wheels r almost always t3h suck even if its entry level ferrari or lambo...
cuz even BBS from ferrari challenge stradale wheels r very heavy... (comparatively speaking - b/c it weights like 27lbs... the wheels im getting which is even wider 18s weight 20lbs)

Actually I am not like that at all... for 90 percent of cars I feel would be a crime to replace the stock wheels as the designers have obviously picked the stock ones for a reason.

I would never buy aftermarket rims unless my car came with hubcaps... I just don't like those specific AMG wheels.

Actually I am not like that at all... for 90 percent of cars I feel would be a crime to replace the stock wheels as the designers have obviously picked the stock ones for a reason.

I would never buy aftermarket rims unless my car came with hubcaps... I just don't like those specific AMG wheels.

stock wheels weight like a ton...
aftermarket rims weigh less = more handling more freed hp

Says who? This is an AMG kit we're talking about here...
AMG does little to nothing regarding weight issues. The SLK55 AMG weighs atleast a 100lbs more than the SLK350

Says who? This is an AMG kit we're talking about here...

for AMG price... you can get forged magnesium BBS's
lol...
AMG has to meet manufacture road tests for pot holes and stuff... and by making them road legal... they have to be made heavier for extra rigidity
Magnesium BBS are race spec ... which they are not required for testing ...

What's with the title of this thread? It got weird...

You changed it? I don't understand... it should be SLK63 as opposed to Slk63.

I know, I but I typed it properly. The forum transformed it like that.