Lexus LS 460 Local Launch Party

I'd get a HSV Commodore (grange I guess is closest to the lexus) before I even considered the Lexus, dunno what it is about lexus but it never really interested me.

My family had a Lexus GS 430 for a little while before opting for the bigger Lexus SUV. Big family you know.

I drove the GS from Houston to Dallas and back all in a day, which is a little over 8 hours of driving. And I guess I fit the golfer profile perfectly because the only reason I went to Dallas was to play golf. Anyway, I really liked it. The whole thing felt more put together than any other car I have driven. Everything felt as solid as granite. It was truly impressive. Quiet, fast, comfortable. And the power is deceiving, too. For only having 300 hp, it felt like a lot more when you stood on the gas.

I am sure that these qualities will be in the new LS; probably even more so. I have always been a fan of the LS, purely because everything I have ever read about them says the same thing - This is the new standard of luxury cars. If this new LS is as fast as the GS I drove, twice as quiet, and more comfortable, I would be more than happy to drive one around.

Just because the Lexus is a luxury car doesn't mean its copying Mercedes. Plus, I love the new LS. Looks really nice and its very refined.