Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Hawt! :cool:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/31/ford-revives-boss-302-for-2007/

1-boss-302.jpg

Don't really like the wheels but besides that it is friggin sweet!!!!

Hopefully it'll hold true to the original Boss 302 and actually be able to turn at a high rate of speed.

Push Rod. :thumbup: Now they just need to drop one in a MX5.

Those wheels look fantastic, they match the rest of the car. This car is a proper throwback to the original BOSS 302.

They should have went with a Magnum 500 looking wheel to keep with the paint job.

Pardon my ignorance here, but isn't there a souped up Mustang from Shelby as well?

What's the point of this then? Also, is it any better than the Shelby?

too many models for the new mustang, they're really abusing it, and they all look the same.

too many models for the new mustang, they're really abusing it, and they all look the same.
This isn't a new model, it's just a one-off to show off their new line of crate motors.

The Article said:
Ford announced at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show that it is reviving the legendary 5.0-liter 302 cubic inch V-8 engine for the aftermarket with a new line of BOSS 302 crate engines, which will go on sale in early 2007. The company also created a custom Mustang to showcase the engine.

Hmm, I wonder if the parts from the crate motor will 1) Fit an original Boss 302 block, and 2) be somewhat reasonably priced. I'd like to get my Boss 302 motor finished, but finding original parts for it is next to fucking impossible without paying an arm and a leg.

Don't really like the wheels but besides that it is friggin sweet!!!!

Those wheels look fantastic, they match the rest of the car. This car is a proper throwback to the original BOSS 302.
Yeah I quite like the wheels on this one.

Pardon my ignorance here, but isn't there a souped up Mustang from Shelby as well?

I still prefer the Shelby to this though :D

The point is similar to the Lotus Esprit, where there were more special editions of the damn thing then regular models.

I can see 30 years down the line the car worth the most is a regular v8 GT.