TVR Day of Action

vanMould

Car(s)
Volvo 480ES -88
Tuscan.jpg

TVR Day of Action

The headline in Blackpool Today says it all: ?Angry sports car owners are set to converge on Blackpool?s doomed TVR factory.? Members of the 7,000-strong TVR club are planning to rally at the factory on Friday, November 3, in a last-ditch effort to save the iconic, iconoclastic sports car manufacturer.

Despite a recent announcement that all production at the factory will cease in the immediate future, die-hard fans of the British marque refuse to give up hope, and TVR management, interested labor unions and the Blackpool Council are still attempting to keep the company in Blackpool, its home base since 1949.

TVR club chairman Jeremy Blandford stressed that the club is not officially involved in the rally, but supports the efforts of club members, who are organizing the event through TVR enthusiast website PistonHeads.com.

Source for the text:
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/30/tvr-day-of-action/
The Blackpool Today article:
http://www.blackpooltoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=62&ArticleID=1848197

that rally will likely sound awesom.. maybe if they all rev in protest at the exact same time, i might be able to hear it here in newcastle

someone needs to save TVR, we can't just let them be taken out to another country and turned into a money greedy company instead of what they are... or were. tvr is for the people

Cheap body work. Horrible interiors. Scary Handling. Vulgar styling.

They could have made a fortune here in the states.

What's wrong? Body design and production is going to Bertone in Turin, engines are still (rightfully) designed and built in the UK...we're gonna have proper British straight-6's in beautiful Italian bodies!

There were some of the most beautiful cars (and crazy). I always will want a sagaris caz Paris Hilton wouldnt know how to drive it:p

There were some of the most beautiful cars (and crazy). I always will want a sagaris caz Paris Hilton wouldnt know how to drive it:p

Even better she might try with expected results :blowup:

.....too far?

are they closing the factory for good, or moving to Italy?

moving.

well if its for the good of the company I don't see whats the problem, apart from maybe the workers in the factory.

If moving to Italy will keep TVR alive then, painful as it might be, it's for the best. We need motoring madness like TVR.

If moving to Italy will keep TVR alive then, painful as it might be, it's for the best. We need motoring madness like TVR.
Amen to that , brother!
(I still wish someday I am able to buy a TVR...)