Clear rims...

py2e

Car(s)
2007 Scion tC
http://www.sports.autoblog.com/2006/11/03/sema-clear-wheels-steal-the-show/

For all the crazy rides on display at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, it seems every year a pair of rims manages to attract the most attention. A few years ago it was the arrival of 30-inch rims. Last year it was the $1,000,000 rims from Asanti. This year all we've heard about are these clear wheels that we just have to go check out, so check them out we did before the show closed last night. The D'Vinci Forgiato Radurra wheels are made from polycarbonate and are totally transparent where one would expect to see spokes. The wheel on display featured 1.5-inch think polycarbonate, while the set installed on the Mercedes-Benz CLS had 2-inch thick polycarobonate. Each wheel costs $2,000, which is a bargain compared to the $250k you need to cough up roll on just one Asanti rim. You'll need the extra dough, though, to keep these clear wheels clean of brake dust.

img_7084a.jpg

img_7085.jpg

img_7088.jpg

img_7093.jpg

img_7098a.jpg

img_7106.jpg

img_7101.jpg

Last edited:
Yuk! :barf: If the inside area looked better, maybe, but not this

I can just see it now. Clear rims on a blinged out Toyota Tercel, revealing drum brakes.

I think they could look really cool on the right car (i.e. massive calipers and huge discs)

about brake cooling...
that doesnt seem to be a good idea...

you guys got it all wrong... these rims for meant for rap music videos, and MTV cribs.

I had the same thought about brake cooling. I would love to see a rap video featuring a car with these rims have them melt or catch fire. I might actually sit through a rap video just to see that.

I had the same thought about brake cooling. I would love to see a rap video featuring a car with these rims have them melt or catch fire. I might actually sit through a rap video just to see that.

:D What did rap ever do to you??? Oh yea, that's right... you're probably white. :jeremy:

about brake cooling...
that doesnt seem to be a good idea...
I thought the same thing, but they're not meant for high-performance driving, so it's not a big deal. You should buy a set of these though Izari: people won't steal your rims if it looks like someone else nicked 'em already! :p

:D What did rap ever do to you??? Oh yea, that's right... you're probably white. :jeremy:

I just don't like it. Rap has only one component of music, and that's beat (even that is a stretch at times) Talking over a thumping base track isn't music. There is no melody, no harmony, just thumping base and someone spitting into a mic. The entire culture around this music is about living above your means. These rappers spend every dime on ridiculous mansions, cars and furnishings and they will be flat ass broke when they are done. It's all about having something the next guy can't afford. I see people driving around my town with $8,000 worth of rims and custom paint on a car worth about $2,000. I know people who's neighbors' 30 year old son owns a Lexus but can't afford to move out of Mom's basement. The whole premise of rap and hip-hop culture is ridiculous. I hear people complain about how "we are keeping the poor urban population down" when retailers are just making bank off a culture that already existed.

But really it's because I don't like pulling up to a light and hearing a $1500 stereo in a $200 car assaulting my ears with repeated lyrics about "bitches and Hoes" and dropping the F-bomb every 3 seconds punctuated by "N----r"

And you can tell me how that's not "real" rap all you want, but I have never heard anyone blasting a rap track about peace, love and understanding. Bitches, Hoes, "F---" and "N----r" is what sells. Face it, that is the culture.

And that, in a nut shell is why I hate rap.

Oh, and I'm white.

I just don't like it. Rap has only one component of music, and that's beat (even that is a stretch at times) Talking over a thumping base track isn't music. There is no melody, no harmony, just thumping base and someone spitting into a mic. The entire culture around this music is about living above your means. These rappers spend every dime on ridiculous mansions, cars and furnishings and they will be flat ass broke when they are done. It's all about having something the next guy can't afford. I see people driving around my town with $8,000 worth of rims and custom paint on a car worth about $2,000. I know people who's neighbors' 30 year old son owns a Lexus but can't afford to move out of Mom's basement. The whole premise of rap and hip-hop culture is ridiculous. I hear people complain about how "we are keeping the poor urban population down" when retailers are just making bank off a culture that already existed.

But really it's because I don't like pulling up to a light and hearing a $1500 stereo in a $200 car assaulting my ears with repeated lyrics about "bitches and Hoes" and dropping the F-bomb every 3 seconds punctuated by "N----r"

And you can tell me how that's not "real" rap all you want, but I have never heard anyone blasting a rap track about peace, love and understanding. Bitches, Hoes, "F---" and "N----r" is what sells. Face it, that is the culture.

And that, in a nut shell is why I hate rap.

Oh, and I'm white.

YOU ARE GOD:clap:

Brake dust? Shouldnt you be more worried of normal dust outside the car?

I wonder if permanent marker sticks to that...

Looks really good on the bike!

Looks pretty cool on the bike tho :) and yes like some other people have said it would look KOOL on a car if it had bigger brake discs and calipers :) ... but not on a pink Mercedes.