Traction Control

WRxb0y

Car(s)
03 ZC Vectra CDX 3.2 V6
I have a 2003 Astra CDX TS model.
I am trying to figure out which fuse controls the traction control :nazilock: , so I can take it out. I went thru the owners manual , and can't seem to find it, however it does list a couple of fuses that might control it. But it says automatic gearbox.. and I have a manual.
I thought about a process of elemination to find it, however I am a bit reluctant for the off chance that something expensive will go bang..
Any thoughts anyone ?

My guess is it's on the same fuse as other things. :(

may i ask why you want to turn it off?

May I ask why you're asking this in the Fifth Gear section? :p

I would say your best bet would be asking this stuff on a Vauxhall/Opel or Astra forum. I' really surprised Vauxhall doesn't fit the cars with a button to turn the TC off though...

May I ask why you're asking this in the Fifth Gear section? :p

I would say your best bet would be asking this stuff on a Vauxhall/Opel or Astra forum. I' really surprised Vauxhall doesn't fit the cars with a button to turn the TC off though...

:blowup:

I don't think theres a single fuse for that, it's most likely going to also disable other things, or be split among a few fuses that when removed make the car unusable. The company doesn't want to get sued if something goes wrong, so it won't be as simple as removing a fuse. (and thats why the owners manual didn't tell you either, they don't want you knowing how to disable that)

Instead of messing with the electronics, go to your nearest fast-food joint, and take two of these:

kixo13.jpg

Put them under your rear wheels, pull the e-brake till it locks, and have at 'er!

Is there any car at all in which you can switch the traction control off by simply removing the fuse? (When I first read the post I thought of a joke btw!)

it is not the fuse that says TC

My buddy had a grandprix and we tried to do the same thing, we looked in the book and found a fuse for TC one would think thats it but really stands for Transmission Control found that out the hard way.

Is there any car at all in which you can switch the traction control off by simply removing the fuse? (When I first read the post I thought of a joke btw!)

I know r34 skylines you can disable the tcs by removing a fuse, theres a button that does it anyway :/
ABS can be turned off with a fuse too.

andrebsd:

thx for that... just thought i could pull it out everynow and then, so i can have a bit more fun..

When I did my driving test for slippery roads (yes, you have to do that in Sweden) they used Corollas with flipswitches for the traction control. So it seems possible to disable it separately. You had to restart the car to get it back on though.

Why would you want to turn off the Traction Control in a FWD car? Except for burnouts maybe, but thats still stupid ^^

Why would you want to turn off the Traction Control in a FWD car? Except for burnouts maybe, but thats still stupid ^^
Yeah. Losing traction in a FWD results only understeer and understeer = not fun.

Is that the coupe one you've got? If so....I'm not sure which fuse it is, but basically, once you do locate it you'll have to start the car and then take it out otherwise the car will go into limp home mode if you try and start it without the TC fuse in. I'd take a guess at it being linked to the ABS fuse...so if you've got one for that, try taking that out and see what happens. There's no reason you should do anything bad. Removing the fuse in itself means you absolutely can't blow anything. The only thing I'd say might happen is you could loose the radio code if it's got one :p

andrebsd:

thx for that... just thought i could pull it out everynow and then, so i can have a bit more fun..

its fwd...
what fun can u have?
-_^

Yeah. Losing traction in a FWD results only understeer and understeer = not fun.

Well there's the handbrake or the little thing called left-foot-braking.:) So preferably the ABS should be turned of too.

Traction control never stopped me from having handbrake fun.

If you are talking about ESP thats a different matter, but that can be turned off in most cars.