Lifting a Lotus Elise.

Umm, that's exactly how it is here. Unless you get hit by another insured driver you're shit out of luck. If someone on a bicycle hits you and it's their fault your premiums will still go up because a cyclist obviously has no insurance and the insurance company has to get their money somehow from someone.

But our insurance company is retarded and has monopolized the whole market.

ummm, this has nothing to do with automotive insurance, because the car was stationary at the time. This has everything to do with the garage owner's liability insurance, because the lotus was given to him in his care.

Umm, I was responding to the post directly above me... not regarding this specific incident but in general.

Am I the only person who is wondering why he was replacing a perfectly decent set of semi slick Yoko A048s with a set of wet biased Goodyears when he lives in Florida?

Ouch ouch ouch.

Love the underfloor of the car, that's awesome aerodynamics (Y)

Am I the only person who is wondering why he was replacing a perfectly decent set of semi slick Yoko A048s with a set of wet biased Goodyears when he lives in Florida?

The A048s are prolly heat cycled out and contray to what you may believe, it does rain in florida.