TVR to launch 600bhp supercar

vanMould

Car(s)
Volvo 480ES -88
TVR to launch 600bhp supercar
New supercharged carbon fibre Typhoon gestates

TVR is to launch a supercar at the Geneva motor show next spring.

It'll be called the Typhoon, and will feature TVR's all-aluminium Speed Six engine, supercharged to produced 600bhp. The carbon-fibre body ensures that it'll be expensive, TVR spokesman Jason Oxley saying that, although a retail price has yet to be fixed, around ?120,000 "is about right".

In terms of styling, Oxley said that he couldn't describe what it'll look like, except that it'll be recognisable as a TVR. The Typhoon will feature TVR's first outing with computer-aided design. "It's a new method of design for us", said Oxley.

He said that the company had already taken orders for the car and so, as the still-born Typhon project could have sold twice as many as were planned, he was confident of selling all 60 of the limited edition -- the number celebrating TVR's 60th birthday.

We'll be bringing you more information as soon as we get it -- probably within 10 days.

Source:
http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/default.asp?storyId=15454

Yes, love to hear about new mad TVR, but the most interesting is the SC S6 600 BHP engine, not a popular configuration.

Ok the Typhon didnt work out, so they are trying something similar and calling it the Typhoon?
Can't wait for it of course

wasn't the typhoon released before? along with speed 12?
anyways the more TVRs the better :)

What? TVR is so mean that it doesn't use this clever, fiddly new stuff, TVR's idea is to get a sledgehammer and build a car, and I love it.
When I look at the Sagaris I don't care about this lackness of modern techniques, no one does.

zomg!!!!!!! new uber tvr!! CANNOT wait, oh man so many great cars been comin out these last few years...they just dont stop!!!=D

but we already have a car called typhoon...

and it's a ford...

:p

TorqueOmata3949.jpg

Should be good to see what TVR can pull out of the bag though :D

<3 TVR

As long as they keep it looking as mad as an axe-murderer.

I think they could have come up with a better name than "Typhoon" though. Their other cars have names that sound like scary things that will kill you; Sagaris, Cerbera, Griffith. Typhoon sounds a bit tame.

<3 TVR

As long as they keep it looking as mad as an axe-murderer.

I think they could have come up with a better name than "Typhoon" though. Their other cars have names that sound like scary things that will kill you; Sagaris, Cerbera, Griffith. Typhoon sounds a bit tame.

Are you saying that Typhoons don't kill people?

TVR HIV..?:blink: no, that doesn't work.

but we already have a car called typhoon...

and it's a ford...

TorqueOmata3949.jpg

Should be good to see what TVR can pull out of the bag though :D

there was a Typhoon

and it was a GMC

http://img115.imageshack.**/img115/1189/2002anderslindebergmmspac4.jpg

Are you saying that Typhoons don't kill people?

They kill people. But the word doesn't sound like something that would kill people.

Cerbera, Griffith and Sagaris mean nothing as far as the dictionary goes, but they sound deadly.

A Typhoon is something you can avoid by, say, staying in a well built house, or by living in a fair weathered country, or by driving in the opposite direction at a sensible speed...

They kill people. But the word doesn't sound like something that would kill people.

Cerbera, Griffith and Sagaris mean nothing as far as the dictionary goes, but they sound deadly.

A Typhoon is something you can avoid by, say, staying in a well built house, or by living in a fair weathered country, or by driving in the opposite direction at a sensible speed...
Cerbera comes for the the three headed beast from Greek mythology called Cerberus. Griffith if from the half lion, half eagle beast called Griffin. (Also from greek mythology)
A Sagaris is actually a battleaxe, comes from some indian tribes or something. The Typhon was originally named after the beast, recognised as the supreme chief of all evil in (also) Greek mythology.

Cerbera comes for the the three headed beast from Greek mythology called Cerberus. Griffith if from the half lion, half eagle beast called Griffin. (Also from greek mythology)
A Sagaris is actually a battleaxe, comes from some indian tribes or something. The Typhon was originally named after the beast, recognised as the supreme chief of all evil in (also) Greek mythology.

I know where Cerberus and Griffith come from (not Sagaris though), but still Typhoon just doesn't fit for me.

Nah, I think Typhoon is pretty aggressive. I'm glad TVR is still sticking with badass names instead of alphanumeric shit like Z0M3RS2000CTSV8RGTRGTiGTIGTIRGTRiSTiGTRSGTRRGRTSTRGRTS.

Nah, I think Typhoon is pretty aggressive. I'm glad TVR is still sticking with badass names instead of alphanumeric shit like Z0M3RS2000CTSV8RGTRGTiGTIGTIRGTRiSTiGTRSGTRRGRTSTRGRTS.

I agree, but sadly they have a T350C. Remember that exactly because of that Jeremy Clarkson named it the Valhalla?:)