Fifth Gear is rubbish...

I am sad at how bad fifth gear has gotten, it used to be at like 80% of Top Gear, now in my eyes it ranks at around 45%

FG is seems a bit unwatchable, innit? I find myself skipping a segment or two per show. Timmy is useless.

FG is seems a bit unwatchable, innit? I find myself skipping a segment or two per show. Timmy is useless.
That first ep was "unwatchable" as it was horrible but I'm happy to say that I think they still have the good aspects of the old show - the roadtests.

All that cafe BS is just....well, BS I guess!

That first ep was "unwatchable" as it was horrible but I'm happy to say that I think they still have the good aspects of the old show - the roadtests.

All that cafe BS is just....well, BS I guess!

Yeah i agree, the first episode was terrible, but so of the stories from there have been pretty good mainly the Tiff, Jason and some of Tom's stories.

Maybe these three should do their own show? :p

Vicki is annoying these days, mainly because she is always with Tim.

Oh well everyone wants to rant about how bad the program is so I'll leave this open.
That's nice.

Well. The problem with Fifth Gear today, is that it is not informative, and I hear you say, Top Gear isn't that anyway, and you are completely correct, but Top Gear has been that way since the beginning with New Top Gear, and it was a huge success.

Channel Five, being a corporate organization, looks at this and thinks. We can get more viewers, thereby more money.

So they try to make a sort of thing that's not too serious, and not too foolish. And to be honest, that's like trying to make a tractor that works as a Limo in the weekend, it does not work. It's fine to be as foolish as Top Gear, it's wonderfull, actually. It's also fine to be serious, like old FG was. But what they're turning out now is utter rubbish, and I hope the producers get twentytvelve years in prison.

They need to shape up if they want to survive. Get rid of some of the presenters, especially Lovetwit, he was okay in the last episode, but I will never forgive the god forsaken trumpet in the episode before that. It was horrific, and you could actually see Vickys weins trying to pop in her forhead, even more than ever.

Good God. Get rid of him. In the old days, we used to let people on the telly if they were either pretty or talented. Lovebutt is neither. But he's urban and hip, and that's in right now. I HATE trends.

Forgive me if the info I'm about to impart is already posted, but it's late, I'm a little tired and there are four pages to go through.

Just to give you an idea of how "rubbish" Fifth Gear is, here are the ratings for the week ending 23rd July 2006. Top Gear was watched by 3.89 million people. Fifth Gear, was watched by 0.68 million [right at the bottom]. The repeat of Top Gear the day after Fifth Gear, got 1.70 million.

How Fifth Gear got another series is beyond me. I'd also like to say that Tim Lovejuice is a total arse. Thank you. I'm off to my bed.

I read all 4 pages and I agree with pretty much everything that has been said this far.

I think Jason, Tiff and Tom should go and have a show of their own ... better to have a 20 minute show that's packed with something we want than 45 minutes of which half an hour is rubbish I have to fast forward through ...

Forgive me if the info I'm about to impart is already posted, but it's late, I'm a little tired and there are four pages to go through.

Just to give you an idea of how "rubbish" Fifth Gear is, here are the ratings for the week ending 23rd July 2006. Top Gear was watched by 3.89 million people. Fifth Gear, was watched by 0.68 million [right at the bottom]. The repeat of Top Gear the day after Fifth Gear, got 1.70 million.

How Fifth Gear got another series is beyond me. I'd also like to say that Tim Lovejuice is a total arse. Thank you. I'm off to my bed.
I'm not surprised. I only watch FG because I can easily download it and watch it at my convienience. If I lived in the UK and could only catch it whenever it airs, I wouldn't care if I missed it - it's one of those shows now.

I watch it via torrent. But that's only because I'm bored.

FG now is really bad. But it is not only fault of the presenters. The camerawork, effects etc. are much better in TG. F.e. when Jason was testing 997 turbo there was 1 powerslide, what were doing the guys with the cameras ? And their track will never be better than airport, it is good for quick driving but it`s poor for powerslides... Someone told that 5G budget was cut. It`s a weird way of making saving when you add 2 another presenters (they don`t need 7 peoples...). Besides, Tim Lovejoy - he must have family in Five, I don`t see any other reason why he is with them. But I must say, that TG isn`t always great. There are fabulous eps like Audi RS4 vs. climbers, but there are also boring eps. They shouldn`t give cars each week, that money they should use to make the eps better... And - they don`t have a crowd of people arround in studio like TG.

FG now is really bad. But it is not only fault of the presenters. The camerawork, effects etc. are much better in TG. F.e. when Jason was testing 997 turbo there was 1 powerslide, what were doing the guys with the cameras ? And their track will never be better than airport, it is good for quick driving but it`s poor for powerslides...
I actually think FG's camera work has been at it's best this season. Same the content itself has been rather lousy and other aspects of the show has let it down.

I think Jason, Tiff and Tom should go and have a show of their own ... better to have a 20 minute show that's packed with something we want than 45 minutes of which half an hour is rubbish I have to fast forward through ...

I'd love to watch that show. Dump everything and everyone else and just do those three with some Bentley crash stuff like he used to and it will be gold.

I prefer TG too. 5th Gear is a fine show though, I will defend it. My only problem is that all the scenes in that dinner place seem REALLY forced - jokes and all.

SL65 : You`re right, actually I didn`t watch many eps of current season. But earlier camerawork was sometimes poor, even old TG`s with Tiff and Vicki were often better made.

I think the Tiff review of the alfa summed up how lacking this show has become. tim arse is bloody annoying and tbh ever since Vicki taught her mum how to drive the lambo and sounded like a bint... Her review of the GT3 was pathetic. Tiff does the supercars it's as simple as that!

Just a few points I'd like to make about Fifth Gear.

Tiff is great, he is not arrogant, and really understands how to describe the feel of cars. I enjoy although he is a thorough racer, he still is humble in many ways.

Jason plato, although being an accomplished racer, often comes across as quite arrogant. We often joke when watching FG things like "Watch in this next segment, as I prove that a racing driver can make a perfect fighter plane pilot, Just watch me perform in my glory!" I don't like his Rich-boy attitude, although sometimes he is ok.

VBH, shes ok right? For a female driver shes good, although not great. Its the Squeel she makes when excited, SQUEEEEE, like nails on chalkboard. Enough of the boring and retarded comparision tests between two Citroen super mini-diesels on the short track...

New presenter guy, if you don't know anything about cars, you do not belong on a car show, PERIOD. That resteraunt format, FIRED, good lord, who came up with that? Wreck my ride? I cringe when I see those rust-free cars get mashed (we have lots of salt in Canada)

Shape up the format or shut it down, you don't have to be as good as Top Gear, but at least try a little please?

Tom Ford = entertaining!

Absolute crap. I watched the first ep of the new season and managed to sit thru maybe 10 min of the second one. I couldn't take it anymore, Tim Lovebutt and all. I'm done with FG. It's just not worth it to download for hours what I can dump in my toilet in minutes. Blehh.

Tom Ford is just about the only thing I watch Fifth Gear for. That, and because I'm horribly bored. Other than his hair, which Jezza would leave him alone about, I think Tom could do quite nicely on Top Gear.