Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

I cant believe that it will show up here, it's a concept car.

GREAT CAR!

GREAT VIDS!

only one thing, it's not so much a concept car, as a one-off built for Fulda for high speed tyre testing on the Nardo circuit. So it's not like they treat it with anything like velvet gloves in it's day to day existence :)

Yeah, it does: all of your purchase-based taxes are included in the VAT. Your annual vehicle tax isn't much compared to luxury taxes in North America. Again, measuring it against your income, cars aren't as expensive as they seem.

~NYT

Your gas is cheaper than it is here in the UK, too.

How is out gas cheaper? I googled 5,64$/gallon = 1,16e/l for UK gas. And that is less what we have, currently about 1,25e/l.

VAT hardly explains anything. If you import a car, say from Germany. The VAT has been already been paid yet you still have to pay massive importing taxes to get it registered in here.
Same goes to new cars. Our new cars cost much more because they are doubletaxed. Yeah, there is 22% VAT but that isn't the end of it.

So your point is invalid.

always look foraward to your pics ted, but its really nice to see vids!! we get the sounds!!! LOVE IT!!

How is out gas cheaper? I googled 5,64$/gallon = 1,16e/l for UK gas. And that is less what we have, currently about 1,25e/l.

VAT hardly explains anything. If you import a car, say from Germany. The VAT has been already been paid yet you still have to pay massive importing taxes to get it registered in here.
Same goes to new cars. Our new cars cost much more because they are doubletaxed. Yeah, there is 22% VAT but that isn't the end of it.

So your point is invalid.

Your gas is cheaper. Here in Birmingham, it fluctuates around 1.30-1.40 a liter, since I've been here. Even if your gas price was that much, or even 15% more, it would still be cheaper, once you factor in relative income. I'm not sure if you understand the concept of real dollar value. Further, your concept of taxation seems to be simplstic - any car purchased will have taxes imposed on it in the country of purchase. If you try to bring that car into another country, you will be taxed on its purchase price, this is not exclusive to Scandinavian countries. There are always tarrifs on imported cars, as well as further taxation.

You are invalid.

To bring this thread back on topic, here is an accident spotted:

DSC01114.jpg

Mini Cooper S Works GP 218HP = ?37000 ($74000) in Norway - what does it cost over there?

I can't believe I wasted my time looking, but the Works GP costs ?32,000 in Norway. Given that there were only 2000 made, presold, with most to America and the UK, I can't imagine they would let them go cheap regardless.

List price is ?35000...And thats without .. everything.
(according to the leading motoring-magazine)

Lest take another car then..
Lexus GS 450h

List price 1 017 000 NOK - ?84750 - $169500 (norway)

:)

Last edited:
once you factor in relative income.[/I] I'm not sure if you understand the concept of real dollar value.

When you measure gross domestic growth per people in the world, UK and Finland are side by side. Are you still saying our relative income is the same?

Diesels: BMW 3/5-series, X3/X5, Merc b/c/e-class, VW Pasat, Toyota Avensis/Rav4, Nissan X-trail, Subaru AWDs...

I'm guessing an average Norwegian family has 2 cars: a new compact/midsize SUV(?30000) (or Pasat/Avensis/E-clas/5-series/mondeo/95/v70), and an old sedan/hatchback/cup?.(?5000)

Last edited:
Yeah, Iran is like that too. Overall the cars are more expensive and therefore the average person pays much more for a car but gets the same stuff as anywhere else.

But I've noticed in Iran people have no choice but to pay the high taxes if they want a nice car... so you get a lot more people driving a $200,000 car than you would somewhere with average taxes.

I haven't seen pictures, are there pictures? There's a Murcielago I know of, people told me they'd seen it around.

I haven't seen pictures, are there pictures? There's a Murcielago I know of, people told me they'd seen it around.

yep, the Gold one has some goodies.

http://img296.imageshack.**/img296/1451/bt000107329260dx8.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.**/img226/2672/downloadjo7.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.**/img226/1958/24xovwjys2.jpg

That's ridiculous... I would not drive anything of value in that zoo-like traffic. If I ever moved to Tehran I would definitely buy a 206 or Paykan or something.

I have only driven in Iran once and it was 3 am and I was so scared for my life, and I'm a car fan for crying out loud. It's just that cars are coming at you in every direction and nobody seems to ever stop.

Have you ever seen a Gullwing in Tehran Salar? An old friend of mine from elementary school has an uncle who has a cream/white one... wonder what kind of shape it's in.

MINT shape. I've seen it myself. The owner has done all the restoration.

It was at some show along with a cream 300SL Roadster, I have pics, but they're film. There is only one Gullwing and one Roadster in Iran.

Yeah, I've met the guy too as a kid. He's not that wealthy but he has had a few good classics over the years. He even knew the guy who used to own our TR6.

I've seen pictures of it too... I hate the colour but it's still a Gullwing.

My baby next to a Porsche Cayenne :)

http://img87.imageshack.**/img87/8695/banii162ry6.th.jpg

I saw a Bentley Continental GT today, 15 minutes later a Flying Spur. Have have a photo of the 4-door; sorry, the pic quality is quite bad.

http://img159.imageshack.**/img159/2121/11202006184lx6.th.jpg

I don't have a pic, but this is rare enough that I really dont care. I saw a Spyker this weekend. It was a roadster model in black with a custom licence plate that read "SPYKER" of course. Tripped me out. Wish my new peice of shit freebee phone had a camera. :glare: