Well this is just disgusting.

some armys fight with honour, look at the Canadians in Afghanistan, they don't do shit like what the americans are doing in iraq. Candians here are very frustrated over the war, and the majority would like the army to come back from Afghanistan, but you don't see the soldiers fucking around over there. So to the people who said war is always dirty and whatnot and nothing is clean about it, am not saying soldiers should be the most humane people on earth, tespecially when their job is to kill, but in the Iraq case, its not really a war. they're patrolling areas securing areas, gives them no reason to treat locals like animals what so ever. if they wanna treat people like shit, capture all the insurgents and fuck around with them. Everytime I hear stories about what american soldiers are doing over there, my blood just starts boiling, its not right on any standard.

whats fucked up is that, those scumbags have families that think they're heros. and if one of those scumbags in the video gets killed, they're probably film his family crying and shit like an angel just got killed.

Now you may think the Canadians are clean but you would be suprised. Actually think about what you have heard and what you have seen. Maybe, maybe you have seen 5% of what is going on but you have really no idea what goes on every day. And please don't try to compare the US soldier situation to the Canadian soldier situation until you have all the facts. US soldiers are deployed to the most dangerous places in the conflict and they are dying every day. Bombings, snipers, etc.

Oh, it has everything to do with it. You are bringing into question this soldiers honor. But what is honor? More specifically what is true combat? Or what is the reality of true combat? I don't think you really know.

Are you really suggesting that a soldier taunting a kid with a water bottle has any honour left by anyones definition of the word. Again no one can describe driving down the street in the back of a truck, taunting kids, as being in a combat situation and I would have absolutely no respect for you if you claimed he was in a "combat situation" at the time.
Just a small point, have you ever been involved in a war? If you have then fair enough but if you haven't stop talking this crap about if I know what true combat or not.

Are you really suggesting that a soldier taunting a kid with a water bottle has any honour left by anyones definition of the word. Again no one can describe driving down the street in the back of a truck, taunting kids, as being in a combat situation and I would have absolutely no respect for you if you claimed he was in a "combat situation" at the time.
Just a small point, have you ever been involved in a war? If you have then fair enough but if you haven't stop talking this crap about if I know what true combat or not.

I have done reseach and have taken it upon myself to become less ignorant in these matters, unlike yourself. These soldiers are in a combat situation from the moment they arive in Iraqi until the moment they leave. They have had theur friends die next to them and they don't know if tomorrow will be their day to die due to some bomb or bullet. They encounter stress beyond your belief and some are changed by it, sometimes for the worse.

I have done reseach and have taken it upon myself to become less ignorant in these matters, unlike yourself. These soldiers are in a combat situation from the moment they arive in Iraqi until the moment they leave. They have had theur friends die next to them and they don't know if tomorrow will be their day to die due to some bomb or bullet. They encounter stress beyond your belief and some are changed by it, sometimes for the worse.
So you haven't been in a war? You cannot get any idea of real conditions with research . How can you possibly know these particular solidiers have seen friends die? That is just a massive assumption on your part. TBH these soldiers don't seem stressed to me with all their laughing and joking and somehow i doubt someone "stressed beyond your belief" would have time to taunt innocent children in such a horrible way.

So you haven't been in a war? You cannot get any idea of real conditions with research . How can you possibly know these particular solidiers have seen friends die? That is just a massive assumption on your part. TBH these soldiers don't seem stressed to me with all their laughing and joking and somehow i doubt someone "stressed beyond your belief" would have time to taunt innocent children in such a horrible way.

What have you done to rectify your ignorance in this particular subject? Do you know what a TBI is in relation to combat? Or mild brain injuries and their effect on the mind? Perhaps you have read about how combat stress can change people?

What have you done to rectify your ignorance in this particular subject? Do you know what a TBI is in relation to combat? Or mild brain injuries and their effect on the mind? Perhaps you have read about how combat stress can change people?
I haven't read a lot but from the little I know about combat stress I know that the usual response is acting normally in abnormal conditions. If this is these soldiers normal reaction then they are a disgrace to America and humanity in general. Their actions cannot be condoned in anyway and you would be a fool to try and do so.

jetsetter, I understand theres no such thing as a clean army with thoughtful soldiers, shit happen. Hell, those 2 soldiers might've been nice and as politically correct as any human could be, but maybe an incident happened that made a huge impact on them that made them hate any iraqi or even all middle easterns, nobody is perfect I understand all that stuff. People get affected by stuff that happenes to them or just by watching, especially when in their state, the stuff they see and have to go through is much more brutal than anything else. in regular life. But what am implying is that those scumbags in the US army are the biggest percentage of scumbags in any army i've seen or read about. Its like the majority of them are assholes and very few have noble goals that they think they'd be accomplishing. And thats exactly what makes war crimes, bad leaders usually recruit criminals for their armies, and you see the damage afterwards, they rape burn kill anything infront of them, and thats why when war crimes occure leaders get punished as well, because its one the the lowest states a human being can go to.
Not so these day, everything slides like nothing happened, unless media picked it up or something that they have to prosecute them just to show the world they care.

jetsetter, if you're at war and say you see your friend get killed. you be pissed for sure, you might put or your anger on your opponent, but would you give shit to civillians? burn or rape in spite, or hell what those 2 did. treat kids like animals, I don't think in any state i'd wanna do that personally, I might wanna skin a fucking terrorist for sure, but I wouldn't do anything harmful or degrading to an inoccent being.

You'd might want to skin a terrorist if that happened, huh?

The blame lies closer to home sonny

I have to say again... they willingly volunteered to join the army, it isn't like DPRK or Singapore where they are forced to. When they join a Military, their job is to fight for the country and they should be well aware of the risks involved when you join. Those soldiers have had Psychiatrists to help them to get over what happened and get used to it, obviously I'm not denying that it might have been the stressed and stuff that triggered this, but the war was on a group of Iraqi's, not Iraqi civilians, it gives them no reason to do that.

If you think just because he's stressed, it gives them the right to do this, I really ask you to think again. I honestly think there is no excuse for those actions.

1 more thing, for those people who think the kids are chasing the truck for the hell of it, I can say from experience it isn't... do they look like their smiling or laughing? He seems to be running for his life instead, I have experienced passing out cookies and crackers to kids on the street in India, and they don't look like that, they are all smiling and happy.

But what am implying is that those scumbags in the US army are the biggest percentage of scumbags in any army i've seen or read about. Its like the majority of them are assholes and very few have noble goals that they think they'd be accomplishing.

Are you serious? How many stories have you heard or how many videos have you seen? Think then consider the fact that the US military is composted of 2,685,713 individuals total. Add that to the fact that you really don't know much about other militaries and you get my point. Most soldiers are good people, it is those few bad ones that can taint an image. A fitting comparision would be Islamic terrorists. Out of all the Muslims there is a small fraction of a percent that decide to kill themselves and others. But that very small percentage is usually all you hear about and that overshadows all the rest.

You people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

The sad part is those "scumbag" soldiers have probably done more to help people and make the world a better place then you all will ever accomplish in your entire lives... to the 5th power.

Keep holding on to that totally empty dream dude... they are helping the world, yeah.

More so then some kids setting at their computers condemning the entire country and armed forces based off an idiotic 60 second clip they found on the Internet.

Nobody is condemning all of the US or all of the US forces, that's just your interpretation of things.

Your problem stems from the fact that you think they are allowed to act so cruel because they're doing the world a favour by being soldiers. I have news for you, most people who join the army don't do it to be noble, they do it because they have little to no prospects to stay behind for. They do it to get paid, like all of us do our jobs to get paid. Don't put them on a pedestal because they don't deserve it.

I've yet to see anything substantial to prove what those soldiers did was "cruel". If the streets weren't soaking wet and if there was a massive sand storm, I might agree with you guys, but there wasn't, and I don't.

It's ignorant comments like this that I'm talking about: "But what am implying is that those scumbags in the US army are the biggest percentage of scumbags in any army i've seen or read about."~logo

I don't like the whole Iraq situation but the US soldiers are no worse than any other soldiers in past wars.

It's just that nowadays cameras are everywhere to document it...

You got it.

^I agree on that one.
But if you guys don't think the soldier is being an ass, I will never budge on that.

Tomcat said:
I've yet to see anything substantial to prove what those soldiers did was "cruel". If the streets weren't soaking wet and if there was a massive sand storm, I might agree with you guys, but there wasn't, and I don't.

so now you're saying that because they live in a 3rd world country they should lick the water off the streets? What has the street being soaking wet gotta do with this? Would you rather drink a bottle of clean and safe water or some random water dripping from the rooftop?