heel toe or toe heel?

Its heel on brake, toe on gas, cos youre pressing the brakes first, and moving your toe to the throttle is easier that moving your heel to it

Its heel on brake, toe on gas, cos youre pressing the brakes first, and moving your toe to the throttle is easier that moving your heel to it

I've always thought it was the other way round... because when you're braking, you need to control your brake pressure, hence toe and you just tap the gas so you sync the revs

Oh wait, i got it the other way round :p. sorry...

Yeah toe on brake and heel/side of foot on gas pedal. That's how I have to do it in my Alero.

Yep, toe on brake, then blipping the throttle with heel.

Although because I'm not flexible enough to do it smoothly, also because my throttle is hinged on the floor making it hard to press at the bottom part, I just slide the foot to the right a bit and blip the throttle with the side of the foot.

I have big feet (size 12) so I only have to use the side, but it is also toe on brake, side/heel on throttle.
Since we are on this matter: do you guys do it?
Funny thing is: when I bought a motorcycle, I realized I was doing the same (blip the throttle during downshifts while braking) without even noticing. And anyone who ever rode a motorcycle knows it's a little harder to do than in a car.

it depends on the car, some have the throttle too far back, so I use heel and toe, when they're close to each other I use the right side of my shoe.

I used to try heel on brake, toe on gas, which I found near impossible. Then I watched a video with a split-screen, one side showing a professional heel and toeing the other way round :lol:

But, actually, it depends on the car. On my dad's Nissan Maxima and on my 240SX, I toe on the brake, then swivel my heel around to blip the throttle -- much easier ;)

On my mom's Jetta, it's much different. Heel and toe doesn't really work in the same way: the left side of my foot is on the brake and I roll my foot to the right to blip the throttle.

Yep, toe on brake, then blipping the throttle with heel.

Although because I'm not flexible enough to do it smoothly, also because my throttle is hinged on the floor making it hard to press at the bottom part, I just slide the foot to the right a bit and blip the throttle with the side of the foot.

what car doesn't have the throttle hinged on the floor?? my 911, BMW and Golf all do.
my biggest problem seems to be getting my size 14's (47 euro) to manuever well enough...

speaking of motocycles, i find throttle and brake control MUCH easier with my hands - somewhere i read a little diatribe in regards to maving sensitive controls (throttle and braking) controlled by insensitive body parts (shoed-feet) instead of sensitive hands.... it made sense.

Isn't throttle in pretty much all japanese cars hung from top? I'm pretty sure my parents' golf is like that too.

what car doesn't have the throttle hinged on the floor??
Um...most of the cars in production, actually. I've never seen a car with the throttle linked to the floor instead of...*ahem*..."hanging". Maybe it's a European thing (?). My Mom's Jetta's throttle is hanging from the top.

On my parents Polo its top hung.
...interesting... :shifty:

:lol:

do you guys do it?
Yes, everyday and at at each possible corner
Same here.

Yes, everyday and at at each possible corner :).

+3
I wish i had the S2000 lol...
that car is the heel-toe master :mrgreen:
the Bee Em... doesnt heel-toe that well..
:cry:

My foot is wide enough to use half my foot on the brake and the other on the gas. just kinda rock my foot to blip. works great :)

Um...most of the cars in production, actually. I've never seen a car with the throttle linked to the floor instead of...*ahem*..."hanging". Maybe it's a European thing (?). My Mom's Jetta's throttle is hanging from the top.

Our Golf Plus and the Sharon we used to have were both bottom hinged.

Toe on brake, heel on throttle.

And the throttle pedal in mine is top hung.

+3
I wish i had the S2000 lol...
that car is the heel-toe master :mrgreen:
the Bee Em... doesnt heel-toe that well..
:cry:

wasn't the floor hung throttle to make it better for heel and toe? Thats why BMW invented it... but yea, the top hung is a Japanese car thing