[01x01] October 20th, 2002

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Thank Quiky! :)

We didn't cap these. We're just filling in missing episodes with the best sources we can find. The rip you have is almost certainly the one we released. ;)

That was fun to watch. Funny to see how small the studio audience was.

Ah, great stuff, thanks! I hate these low quality videos I have from the first seasons and this is a giant leap up qualitywise :)

That was nice episode to watch.

I kinda liked Jeremy's more open and optimistic attitude. These days he just yells everything is rubbish!

what's the plan here? just release an old episode every day till the new season starts? or are you just going to put in where there are blanks in the listing on the home page?

neat idea whichever way you go about it.

i assume you guys have an archive of every single episode?

this is good. does fill the gap while waiting if ever the latest season of TG. As mentioned by someone else, what is the frequency of releases going to be like? I hope I don't have to wait every week for one. ;-)

The only issue I have with the first series is that big guy. He makes it so boring. :( Although I did like that bit where he brought those cars to the school and had the kids vote on them haha.

i liked the one where he raced something while on foot, i'm trying to remember, but i figured it was an attempt at comedy by Jeremy trying to make the big man run. i forget what car he was sprinting against.

We hope to do one every couple days, but there won't be a hard schedule. We may end up doing a couple in one day for all I know. ;)

Hello everyone... this is purely semantical, but the description says the episode has a Ford GT40, but it's actually a Ford GT (no 40). I know nobody cares but I can't help myself :mrgreen:

Thanks for your hard work, I love this show and I don't know how else I'd get it without you!

/slaps Quiky

Hello everyone... this is purely semantical, but the description says the episode has a Ford GT40, but it's actually a Ford GT (no 40).

Thats what the Ford GT was called in 2002. The name wasnt finalized, another thought was GT50 since it was 50 inches tall. They settled on the simple yet anonymous 'GT' Terrible choice IMO, my mom thinks thats a Probe.

They settled on GT because Ford sold off the "GT40" trademark long ago. They couldn't use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT

A British company Safir Engineering who made continuation GT40's in the 1980's owned the GT40 trademark at that time, and when they completed production, they sold the excess parts, tooling, design, and tradmark to a small Ohio company called Safir GT40 Spares. Safir GT40 Spares licensed the use of the GT40 tradmark to Ford for the initial 2002 show car, but when Ford decided to make the production vehicle, negotiations between the two failed, and as a result the new Ford GT does not wear the badge GT40. It is rumored that Safir GT40 Spares asked $40 million dollars for the rights, but this has never been verified. The partners at Safir GT40 Spares state they have correspondence from Ford declining Safir's $8 million offer. Early cars from the 1960's were simply named "Ford GT". The name "GT40" was the name of Ford's project to prepare the cars for the international endurance racing circuit, and the quest to win the 24 Hours of LeMans. The first 12 "prototype" vehicles carried serial numbers GT-101 through GT-112. The "production" began and the subsequent cars, the MkI, MkIIs, MkIIIs, and MkVs, numbered GT40-P-1000 through GT40-P-1145, were officially "GT40s". The name of Ford's project, and the serial numbers dispel the story that "GT40" was "only a nickname."

Thanks for filling in the gaps between the 1st and 3rd season. I know alot of us will appreciate it. I look forward to other early shows that will follow.

Thank-you again
GDC