Well this is just disgusting.

And I still ask myself..........if you actually are stupid enough to DO this kind of shit....why on EARTH document it? Abu Gahrib, the german troops in Kosovo, this.....why document it.....

To me, that's the whole point. They find this kind of stuff funny and they document it for laughs in the future. That's the problem of this video for me, that's what makes it cruel. I'm sure Iraqi children have faced more strife than having to run after a truck for 20 blocks, but the fact that these assholes find it funny and worth YouTube-ing...

For people like TomCat to see that those of us who are critical of the original video aren't totally ignorant that not all (American) soldiers are dicks:

[YOUTUBE]E3sxop1-PkI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I've already talked about people over exaggerating this video, so I'll just point out that you can count how many blocks that one kid ran. It's was 4, not quite 20.

And the person who hosted it on YouTube wasn't in Iraq. They got a DVD from a friend who was in Iraq that got it from someone else who didn't know where it came from.

I never noticed how slow the truck was moving, doesn't change my stance on the issue though. And it's totally irrelevant how this video came to be on the internet.

P.S. Don't be so quick to retort, the video I posted didn't even work when you replied.

You said the kids ran 20 blocks and the cruel soldiers thought it was so funny that they YouTube'd the vid.
I pointed out that the kids ran 4 blocks and the soldiers didn't YouTube the vid. What's the problem?

Just watched the video you posted. That's cool. A soldier playing soccer with some kids while holding an M16. lol

I don't have a problem, I honestly did not notice how many blocks the video lasted for.

You said the kids ran 20 blocks and the cruel soldiers thought it was so funny that they YouTube'd the vid.
I pointed out that the kids ran 4 blocks and the soldiers didn't YouTube the vid. What's the problem?

The problem is they were still trying to be "Jackass" and record these sorts of thing for later to have a laugh at or to show off to friends... as I said, I'm okay with them being jackass as long as they don't go too far, but making kids run for a bottle of water which they know they might need to stay alive is too much IMO... I would have just laughed if they made a bunch or geeks run 100blocks for some quad-core CPU or something, or even if it was a football as that was just for laughs... but not for Water, we don't know if that kid was dehydrated or not but we all know alot of kids in Iraq don't even have food to eat everyday.

First of all, those kids didn't have to chase the truck if they didn't want to. A lot of kids find it "fun", I'm not kidding you. Also, soldiers give out a lot of toys and things to children so they are often chased by kids wanting whatever they can have, this is common.

In every war in recorded history local children have had a fascination with soldiers and bothered them as much as they dared.

so think before you go ranting and raving about how horrible the US is because some soldier "made" some "starving and dehydrated children" chase a truck for water, when you actually have NO FUCKING CLUE.

Having the perspective of 15 years of US Army service behind this post, and 6 deployments to places such as Bosnia, Haiti, Ukraine, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait you guys are making WAY too much out of this.

Just like Zenkidori said, kids have been doing this stuff FOREVER, and they really do enjoy the "game" of it. Let me give you another side to this, that no one here seems to be catching. When we first arrive anywhere, the scene is always the same... kids running around asking for MRE's, water, Coke, whatever they can get their hands on. Lots of guys give it to them, but it causes HUGE problems. I cannot recall how many patrols I have been on where kids were just screwing around asking for stuff and damn near got killed by a truck because they were not paying attention. After a few weeks, there is almost always a ban placed on US soldier when it comes to this sort of stuff because it endangers lives, and lots of these little kids get their asses kicked by bigger kids to get whatever it is they have.

We have civil affairs units that are specifically designated to handle situations like this, and they do it off of main supply routes and away from major traffic areas so that no one risks injury or death to get some food or water. There are also MP's or some sort of enforcement detail, with lots of interpreters, on hand to ensure no one gets beat up during the delivery.

I have had kids follow me for 4 or 5 miles on a foot patrol just because they find it fun. They will ask you for ANYTHING they think you will give them.... food, water, batteries, clothes, coins, rocks, dog tags, books, pens, pencils, paper, literally anything.

Yes, the guy in this video was messing with them, but there is no context to it. It is entirely possible that he patrols this area every day, and knows something that we don't. Not every little kid is an innocent bystander either. I recall having to chase a 10 year old to get my CD player back after he jumped into the back of my truck and yanked it out of a bag at an intersection. My point here is, do not freak out and say he is instantly a "horrible human being" based on a one minute video clip with zero context to it, because although you MIGHT be right, you might also be very, very wrong.

As for the comparisons of Abu-Grahib to Auschwitz, please get a grip... it is not even close.

As for the comparisons of Abu-Grahib to Auschwitz, please get a grip... it is not even close.

Dude if that was my post you're reffering to, please read it.

I agree that some kids have fun with the soldiers, and some soldiers do really sick things. A buddy of mine that was in Bosnia told me a story about this one soldier that crapped in an MRE and gave it to some hungry kids

I agree that some kids have fun with the soldiers, and some soldiers do really sick things. A buddy of mine that was in Bosnia told me a story about this one soldier that crapped in an MRE and gave it to some hungry kids

yeah well I heard a story that some terrorists kidnapped children and thier families and forced the kids to strap bombs to thier chests and blow themselves up.

And I heard another story about some soldiers that stormed a house and executed an entire family.

There's also this story about a country that attacked another nation for no reason and killed thousands. You may have heard that one before

Do you really want to compare who's hands are the bloodiest?

go for it. Go ahead and TRY to reason how deliberately targeting civilians is justifiable and oh so more rightous than inevtiable collaterall damage.

the point is you don't really know shit, and there are bad people who do bad things on both sides of the fence, and there is no excusing any of it.

Nobody is defending the invasion of Iraq here, but you're acting as if it was all flowers and lollipops and that Sadaam was running a regime representing the majority of the people. The sooner these "freedom fighters" quit blowing shit up the sooner the country is turned over 100% Iraqis, then they can deal with them as they see fit. Doesn't that sound like a better idea? It's like they want us to stay.

collateral damage? What a fucking joke.

I'm not going to justify the killing of civilians because I don't agree with it. It's really something I shouldn't even have to put down in writing because it should be obvious. But for some reason you interpret my disgust for U.S. soldiers as some sort of love for "terrorists" :rolleyes:

Well it isn't obvious because many of your posts contradict this. Where's your disgust for radical islam? where's your disgust for the misuse of the quaran to brainwash children into becoming mass murders? where's your disgust of all the terrible things that happen in countries controlled by muslim fundamentalists? or is that you actually approve of those things? That perhaps because you are who you are you can turn a blind eye to that and instead turn your criticsm elsewhere? or perhaps you are just one of those people that's always got to be against "the man" and root for the underdog no matter what, even if the underdog is a piece of shit? Because that's what you look like.

Well it isn't obvious because many of your posts contradict this. Where's your disgust for radical islam? where's your disgust for the misuse of the quaran to brainwash children into becoming mass murders? where's your disgust of all the terrible things that happen in countries controlled by muslim fundamentalists? or is that you actually approve of those things? That perhaps because you are who you are you can turn a blind eye to that and instead turn your criticsm elsewhere? or perhaps you are just one of those people that's always got to be against "the man" and root for the underdog no matter what, even if the underdog is a piece of shit? Because that's what you look like.

You have a short-term memory. These issues have ALL been discussed in the past, if you don't remember what I've said or what my position is....I don't really give a damn.

Or maybe I'm supposed to include these views in every post I make?

a "roll eyes" smiley simply won't suffice at this point.....

I know about your old posts, and I did think you a reasonable person, but lately it seems you've either got up your own ass with self-rightousness, or just hopped on the evil america bandwagon.