Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Veyron engine in an Arnage?? :ph34r: I envy your father

uncle :)

It seems they were doing some sort of experiment, he said he arrived to spot a couple of veyrons on the test track and in the garage was teh arnage up on the ramps as they tried to mess about with the Veyron engine they put in it. Obviously they were just testing stuff, don't think we can expect and Arnage with a Veyron engine on the market anytime soon :mrgreen:

M3. Not that rare, but the only pics I?ve managed to get.. Very dirty one !
m3_1.jpg

m3_2.jpg

those rims look el cheapo

Yeah, why did he get those hideous things? The M3 I think has one of the most suitable factory wheels... last car I would ever get different rims for.

P.S. I think he changed the rims bone. Do Euro M3s have different rims that the US market ones? The one here as the multi-spoke type ones.

^i think he changed them caus when it's freezing, they put salt on the road (over here at least, i think in finland as well), and that eats away the top layer of the rims, ruining them

just a wild guess though, but over here everyone who has nice looking rims, also has a cheap set to use during winter time

That makes sense... over here (where they also use salt... we got almost 1 foot of snow overnight) people change their rims sometimes but they put on what are called 'steelies' which are just the bare wheels. I guess this guy sprang for something mildly nice.

That makes sense... over here (where they also use salt... we got almost 1 foot of snow overnight) people change their rims sometimes but they put on what are called 'steelies' which are just the bare wheels. I guess this guy sprang for something mildly nice.
It's very (!) common here in Germany to have an extra set of winter tires and that's what most people over here do as well. That's obviously the case because the steel rims are much cheaper.

I give the M3 guy props for actually having a set of alloy rims for his winter tires (like me :mrgreen:), although I don't really like the look of them. I cringe every time I see a nice car with steelies and I cringe even more, when they don't have hubcaps or cheapo no-name hubcaps.

Yeah, like couple of you noticed, those are the winter tyres/rims.. Usually much smaller and uglier than summer ones. And usually NOT alloyed ;).. You see there is snow on the background and ice on the ground.. One of the few things I hate about Finland! Although I like to skate and I wouldn?t recognize christmas without snow =P

It's very (!) common here in Germany to have an extra set of winter tires and that's what most people over here do as well. That's obviously the case because the steel rims are much cheaper.

and u can even be made responsible now for not using winter tires when u have an accident during winter

I give the M3 guy props for actually having a set of alloy rims for his winter tires (like me :mrgreen:), although I don't really like the look of them. I cringe every time I see a nice car with steelies and I cringe even more, when they don't have hubcaps or cheapo no-name hubcaps.

How many months in a year do you use winter tyres?
In here it's mandatory for four months but practically it's five months out of twelve when we use winter tyres and that's what, 40% percent of year? That's why you see many alloy wheels in the winter as well.

If you only have one set of nice alloys you can wear them only 60% percent of the year which sucks :)

I use steel rims without hubcaps as well, because

a) I want everyone to KNOW they are only my winter rims ;)
b) Hubcaps suck :D

hubcaps to the people!

How many months in a year do you use winter tyres?
In here it's mandatory for four months but practically it's five months out of twelve when we use winter tyres and that's what, 40% percent of year?
Same here I'd say.

I use steel rims without hubcaps as well, because

a) I want everyone to KNOW they are only my winter rims ;)
b) Hubcaps suck :D
c) Because you are too cheap to buy alloys for the winter :p

you can say that again.
Decent hubcaps are better than no hubcaps at all, on steel rims.

http://img223.imageshack.**/img223/9854/132135ig5.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.**/img212/6473/2132123zo1.jpg

^ <sits in foetel position in corner, rocking, mumbling to self 'Please tell me it's just a photoshop, please tell me it's just a photoshop'...>

That is a ps for sure.

I mean look at the environment, it's a proper/official autoshow, now who the f*ck would put a hello kitty sh*t as a display car?