Electronicaly Limited Top Speed

I'm talking about km/h.
Here you're getting pulled over for doing 5-6 km/h over the legal limit. And the tickets starts at $200

That sucks... but it's not as if I haven't had my fair share of tickets. They pull you over a lot more often here through radars... they usually won't pull you over if they just watch you drive by, unless you've really got your foot down.

Here everyone disputes their tickets in court and hopes some technicality will get them off the hook. I haven't done that... really didn't want to deal with the hassle and I knew I was guilty of the charges.

maybe a little statistic...

in 2006 new cars sold in germany

17% with 68 ps

54,5% with 68 to 136 ps

27,1% with 136 to 190 ps

cars with more than 340 ps just 0,8%

do the math how many cars a really on the road which are capable to do the 155mph
many mercs,bmw,audis on the autobahn over here drive fast, but only a small %age drives faster than 155mph..

What's ps?

Shawn, your right it's pretty useless to dispute the tickets because most of the time you wont win and you'll end up paying the court expences, so it will be much more expensive than just paying the ticket with not disputes.

Last edited:
The Buggati Veyron only makes 987hp, what a piece of shit.

I think in BC you won't be held liable if you dispute something in traffic court, otherwise people wouldn't be so keen to dispute everything.

Most people seem to win too... they usually change the date around once or twice (of their hearing). Apparently cops try to put all their court dates on one day so if you change the date they'll likely just not show up. That's what I've heard...

Shawn, your right it's pretty useless to dispute the tickets because most of the time you wont win and you'll end up paying the court expences, so it will be much more expensive than just paying the ticket with not disputes.