H3 totally smashed up

I wouldn't count on it. There is a Land Rover Discovery at my office with a decal in the rear window that says "H2 Recovery Vehicle". If it were a Range Rover, I wouldn't mind, but a stock Discovery? A Toyota Camry has more aggressive tires. The Discovery looks like a Barn with a few tires bolted to the sides.

I've always thought a Discovery can offroad better than a Range Rover? No?

I've always thought a Discovery can offroad better than a Range Rover? No?
Well... I've never actually seen a Land/Range Rover off road, so I don't know. I know the Defender is better then the Range Rover, but a regular Discovery? I don't think so, but I suppose I could be wrong.

^I have never seen a Range Rover go offroad, its always some guy with big rims and his bling range rover yo!... but yea, a Defender is one of the best offroaders around.
But I have been offroading in a discovery before (Not rocks, just rubber plantation, so its just alot of mud and hills), but I didn't have anything to compare it as we were just constantly towing the CR-V and the Lexus RX300 that came with us.

Hmm I never really stopped to think which one would be better off road, the Discovery or the Range Rover. I assume it's the Disco because you see more of them around with serious off road equipment. But that could also be because they're a lot cheaper around here. I'll see what kind of response I get from the LR forum.;)

EDIT: found a story about the crash http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/LOCAL/61127034

Last edited:
Just shows how bloody tough school buses are... Is the H2 a Body-On-Frame? If so it looks like the frame has passed under bus, leaving the body with not much to defend itself. Sure looks dramatic though.

the fact that this jackass hit a school bus is disturbing

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how the hell that happened - driver inattention, swerving to avoid something on the road?

Well... I've never actually seen a Land/Range Rover off road, so I don't know. I know the Defender is better then the Range Rover, but a regular Discovery? I don't think so, but I suppose I could be wrong.

The Disos aren't bad at all. When I've been off-roading they are just as good as the 110 Land Rovers and this was a road worthy vehicle with road tyres on. That was the first model not the newer one but it can drive to the top of a Scottish hill so it can't be bad.

Just shows how bloody tough school buses are... Is the H2 a Body-On-Frame? If so it looks like the frame has passed under bus, leaving the body with not much to defend itself. Sure looks dramatic though.

Yeah, I'd be interested to know how the hell that happened - driver inattention, swerving to avoid something on the road?
I think schoolbuses are made by the same company that makes black boxes. (The ones in the planes, not this one that's half under the bus) :lmao:

In the LR forum one guy said it was caused when the bus driver stopped to answer a cell phone call. Hummer driver was busy with his radio and didn't see the bus. Not sure if there's any truth to it.

The general consensus from the LR guys is that which one is better off road depends on the years of the vehicles. Older Discos are better than older RR's because of their transfer case. Newer Rangies have the TC and they seem to be a little better. Some people even said the RR sport is better off road than the proper Range Rover. The LR3 is said to be better than either RR. Man that's complicated!

But I think the one we forgot takes the cake: "i think you are all leaving out the holy grail and ass whooper of them all........the Freelander/LR2. with the optional 'LR Genuine Fairy Dust Package' you can sprinkle it on rocks, mud, snow and steep climbs making it easy for the Freelander/LR2 to negotiate. :lmao:

Speaking of weak Hummers, a guy on a Land Rover forum I'm on said the steering linkage on an H2 is thinner than his riding lawnmower. Anyone know if that could be true?
There could be some truth to his, check this (old) vid:
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9r_Hv3H9I[/YOUTUBE]
;)

I remenber that vid, since then I have not respected the H2 as a offroader

I remenber that vid, since then I have not respected the H2 as a offroader

The H2 is said to be a competent off-roader. Remember, off-roading is just as much about the driver as it is about the vehicle

The H2 is said to be a competent off-roader. Remember, off-roading is just as much about the driver as it is about the vehicle

Georgie Dubya Bush is also said to be a competant president.

/
kindling.jpg

//kindling the flames.... hehe

Last edited:
Word. Anyone who knows anything about offroading knows that shit breaks... often.

Georgie Dubya Bush is also said to be a competant president.

*cue the rim shot*

As for the first H2, damn thats one bad crash for sure. Well its one more H2 off the road, I hate them. They blind me all the time because their headlights are so high. They are at the perfect level to shine straight in my eyes.

was on honeymoon and was talking to this guy who recovers stranded 4x4 as a sideline using his jeep something or other he said hummers were a waste of time and were banned from a lot of the offroad tracks near him as they are to big and usless he said he had to tow the same guy five times in 1 day he said defenders were a stock good 4x4 he said they only got stuck if they got cross axled

dan

as for the driver lucky no one was killed