Now for something that really rocks.. I got a new mini hifi, Sony MHC-GX570XM

ze unit
http://img234.imageshack.**/img234/2320/mg2855wg4.th.jpg

un das subwoofer
http://img57.imageshack.**/img57/7932/mg2852dp3.th.jpg

My god, is it ever loud.. makes my old unit seem quiet in comparison. :lol:

is it any good?

Until now, yeah...
The keyboard is a bit hard to get used to and I've been having some software problems which seem to have been solved for the moment though...
But the speed is good, even in energy saving mode, wlan is strong...good for checking emails etc. while taking a dump... :D
Looks nice, feels good, nice build quality...So yeah, I'm satisfied and it's good...for now

146 FPS. I only wish I can get that :(.

Looks like a good system. Clean look to it.

146 FPS. I only wish I can get that :(.

Looks like a good system. Clean look to it.

Mischief, you should be happy with yours, I get about 7-8 times less than what ESPN does on my laptop on LFS :p

but awesome PC ESPN, mind telling us what that LCD displays now? :D

Mischief, you should be happy with yours, I get about 7-8 times less than what ESPN does on my laptop on LFS :p
The previous PC would get maybe 20-25FPS at best, and at times in the low 10's if there was a crowd, and that with all sorts of details turned off.

Now with this one, I get 130-150FPS on 1680x1050 with every quality option known to man (such as 16x FSAA) turned on.
I tried a test with 11 AI players (which wouldn't even work on the old one), and the worst it got was 40 FPS. :)

Do you mean resolution? 1680x1050.

Right now I'm trying to get my connection to my HDTV to work a bit better.
I ran a 30 foot DVI to HDMI cable from one room to another (through the basement) and it's displaying in 1080p (1920x1080) on my TV right now (in fact I'm looking at it as I type on my wireless keyboard right now).
However I have this nasty overscan problem that I can't seem to get rid of.
Custom timings, custom resolutions all don't seem to have any effect on it. :(

Ah, no wonder I had a hard time trying to understand that question. :lol:
It displays:
- CPU / HDD / System temperatures in C or F + alarms
- CPU / HDD / System fan speed indicator
- HDD access indicator
- Date / Time
- A power indicator, which is beyond me, because if the power is off, the LCD display is off too. :?

^lol.. so its just one of those things where you can install in the 3.5" drives for CD's... but its still pretty cool :D, I'm sure you can mod it to display stuff like what the Logitech Keyboard displays (in LFS, fuel, tire temps, fuel consumption and stuff :D)

Hows the lcd screen treating you, I'd love to hear your opinion on it. Colours, if there is any ghosting and black light bleeding?

Hope you're enjoying the system, I'm jealous :)

Hows the lcd screen treating you, I'd love to hear your opinion on it. Colours, if there is any ghosting and black light bleeding?

Hope you're enjoying the system, I'm jealous :)
- Ghosting:
I didn't notice any.

- Color:
I haven't looked at a good high quality picture yet to judge the colors, nor have I calibrated it yet, but my initial impression was that they're ok.
The desktop color doesn't look uniform depending on your head position.
I think all LCDs have that problem, but it seems much more noticable than the Dell at work.
The monitor is really bright though, so maybe turning that down will improve that.

- Back light bleeding:
Haven't looked at a dark movie scene or image yet to check it.

I get 5 to 10 FPS in a crowd on LFS :(. But the upgrade is coming soon :thumbsup: :D.

I needed a basic "point and shoot camera", so I purchased a Canon SD600, along with a 2GB mem card:
http://img224.imageshack.**/img224/515/canonsd60025b184d1xc9.jpg
http://img99.imageshack.**/img99/4509/canonsd60035ade4f5dm5.jpg
6 MP, 2.5" LCD, etc. ... Great little camera, although the lack of a battery-life indicator is a bit inconvenient.

Got myself these.
e3235.jpg

Sound pretty good.

A nice choice, I might say, I have been listening to my Altecs for some months now :) The only problem encountered so far is the rather limiting length of the cables, I can't really position the subwoofer as I'd like to, so either:

(1) I get no bass where I'm sitting (and lots of it if I go a few meters away from my computer) and the cables are tidy, or
(2) the cables are stretched to their maximum lengths, they run where I can get them to go BUT the bass sounds nice and deep to me while sitting at the computer (and elsewhere in the room, too).

Oh yeah, and the connector for the headphones has some issues with it, I get quite a lot of static from my headphones when I connect through it.

Other than that, they look and sound pretty good :)