2008 Saturn Vue(Opel Antara), 2008 Buick Enclave

Isnt the Saturn just a copy of the Opel Antara? In that case it was shown before and isn't all that new. It would also make it a german (designed) car. Anyway, I dont like it. And seeing jetsetter and BlaRo getting upsetter again I would even tend to say it will be boring, pointless and dull.

American companies make some god awful vehicles.

Jetsetter, do you get some masochistic thrill out of posting and defending the worst cars America has to offer?

Isnt the Saturn just a copy of the Opel Antara? In that case it was shown before and isn't all that new. It would also make it a german (designed) car. Anyway, I dont like it. And seeing jetsetter and BlaRo getting upsetter again I would even tend to say it will be boring, pointless and dull.

As I said in the topic. The Saturn is based on the Opel, as will most Saturns in the future.

American companies make some god awful vehicles.

Jetsetter, do you get some masochistic thrill out of posting and defending the worst cars America has to offer?

I don't think these vehicles are the worst America has to offer, why would I? What is wrong with liking crossovers? Nothing, that's what. I post what I like and what I like is not just the high performance vehicles. Sure I like the Ferrari's and the Lamborghini's as much as the next guy but I also like the SUV, truck, van, and crossover. I defend them because I believe they get an unfair rap. People assume without actually knowing.

Last edited:
Are you afraid you're going to strike a nerve? Just because jetsetter is obsessed with dreary modern American cars doesn't mean I'm not mildly irritated by the blatant bias against anything that comes out of Detroit. Did you even read my post?

Are you afraid you're going to strike a nerve? Just because jetsetter is obsessed with dreary modern American cars doesn't mean I'm not mildly irritated by the blatant bias against anything that comes out of Detroit. Did you even read my post?

obsessed.....no. I do own a Toyota remember? I like autos that come from all regions of the world, be it Asia, Europe, or America. On this site though it seems that liking American autos is a bad thing. If I just posted topics about European or Japanese autos I don't think I would get as much grief.

obsessed.....no. I do own a Toyota remember? I like autos that come from all regions of the world, be it Asia, Europe, or America. On this site though it seems that liking American autos is a bad thing. If I just posted topics about European or Japanese autos I don't think I would get as much grief.
Obsessed? Well, compared to me, maybe. :p

And yeah, there's a social stigma associated with liking American cars. It seems that if you want to be cool and trendy, you gotta hate all Yank iron lest you get branded a redneck. Sure, America has produced many sub-par cars, but when they're trying to make an improvement (like they are here), it's a bit harsh to say that all foreign cars are automatically better, isn't it? Especially considering how these two aren't even at dealers yet.

Obsessed? Well, compared to me, maybe. :p

And yeah, there's a social stigma associated with liking American cars. It seems that if you want to be cool and trendy, you gotta hate all Yank iron lest you get branded a redneck. Sure, America has produced many sub-par cars, but when they're trying to make an improvement (like they are here), it's a bit harsh to say that all foreign cars are automatically better, isn't it? Especially considering how these two aren't even at dealers yet.

You guys are just a little paranoid. Most users here aren't from the US and dont really care about most cars you get there, and I have to say a lot of them are just bad. I like good american cars but I see no point in defending everylast crapmobile. Nobody here stands up when somebody says a Lada is crappy or a Peugeot is unreliable, and nobody takes it personal.
Me for instance I like the Mustang, Corvette and Solstice but most of the rest and all the ones I have driven were fairly terrible.
And as I said, I dont like the Opel Antara either, and I consider that to be german. VW shows with the Tiguan how it should be done.
And the reason why I mentioned you in my post, too is that you go to every thread and make a more or less funny remark on how you think everybody is so mean on the american cars. Just ignore it if you think people act stupid. I see all people posting barf smileys when a new BMW is shown, regardless how it looks, and I dont really care about that either. Its just an Internet forum, and BMWs are still selling great.

How much fake wood is on the dash?

*ducks*

Nobody here stands up when somebody says a Lada is crappy or a Peugeot is unreliable, and nobody takes it personal.
Yeah, that's because they're being negative about those specific cars. It seems everytime there's even a hint of a new American car a lot of people here automatically know it will suck. I've never seen anyone say something along the lines of "Chevys are all junk", or "Buicks are all ugly." Nope. It's always just "it's bad because its American." I appreciate cars from all around the world, just look at what I drive. But it irritates me that people can be so closed minded when it comes to US made vehicles. They shoot them down without even giving them a chance.

You guys are just a little paranoid. Most users here aren't from the US and dont really care about most cars you get there, and I have to say a lot of them are just bad. I like good american cars but I see no point in defending everylast crapmobile. Nobody here stands up when somebody says a Lada is crappy or a Peugeot is unreliable, and nobody takes it personal.
Me for instance I like the Mustang, Corvette and Solstice but most of the rest and all the ones I have driven were fairly terrible.
And as I said, I dont like the Opel Antara either, and I consider that to be german. VW shows with the Tiguan how it should be done.
And the reason why I mentioned you in my post, too is that you go to every thread and make a more or less funny remark on how you think everybody is so mean on the american cars. Just ignore it if you think people act stupid. I see all people posting barf smileys when a new BMW is shown, regardless how it looks, and I dont really care about that either. Its just an Internet forum, and BMWs are still selling great.
Memories from the youngwarrior/MadCow/IVIaster (fuel-injected carbs...snicker) days. It's not just here, either: it's a common widespread opinion that I've seen in person as well on t3h Intarwebs, where stupidity has no limits.

Haven't they screwed themselves enough for the last 30 years to be worrying about constant public opinion? Are young people going to grow up with a fervent hatred of all American vehicles? Not something for me to worry about, but some people really ought to be less close-minded.

How much fake wood is on the dash?

*ducks*

Looks to be about 3 plastic christmas trees' worth.

Not bad, definitely a step in the right direction, considering the last generation disasters they made. But who's writing those press releases?
European design and sporty ride and handling
new design character and intensified focus on driving characteristics

MacPherson struts, stabilizer bars, vvt, ABS? Come on, guys. This stuff should've been standard 5 years ago.

Not that I have any say; I hate this crossover trend, and would never buy one. Ever.

Yeah, that's because they're being negative about those specific cars. It seems everytime there's even a hint of a new American car a lot of people here automatically know it will suck. I've never seen anyone say something along the lines of "Chevys are all junk", or "Buicks are all ugly." Nope. It's always just "it's bad because its American." I appreciate cars from all around the world, just look at what I drive. But it irritates me that people can be so closed minded when it comes to US made vehicles. They shoot them down without even giving them a chance.
That's because very few people here know anything at all about cars. They just watch TopGear, which is the least informative auto show ever made, but also the most entertaining. And that is about as far as their automotive knowledge extends.

Basically, if it isn't German or Japanese, then it sucks. You can slap a BMW badge on a Yugo and they would pay $30k for it.

The Buick looks retarded... all Buicks do. I don't like American cars much but Buick is just really out there.

The engines produce their peak power decently higher up in the rev range; in vehicles like these self-denying minivans you dont need power, you just need low-end torque.