2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

The worst part is that it's going to be sold in England. With a straight face. Ho boy, that's not embarrassing or anything. Dodge Caliber, Dodge Nitro (ditto), and this.

Now that you mention sales - how are these cars (Sebring, Caliber) selling in the US? Is it a desaster like the Pacific or approx. reaching the targets Chrysler pronounced once?

The rear end looks even uglier than the M?gane CC. It really looks like a Coup?-Cabriolet appliance.

It does look like a French car now. Shame.

:yucky:

dont understand why they offer a 2.4L (173hp) and a 2.7L V6 (189hp). You wont be able to tell the difference anyway. The last sebring convertible was bought by girls, but i think girls gained the power of sight since then

dont understand why they offer a 2.4L (173hp) and a 2.7L V6 (189hp). You wont be able to tell the difference anyway. The last sebring convertible was bought by girls, but i think girls gained the power of sight since then

Torque?

Great car, it goes along with all those other cars women buy during their mid-life crisis. Women are of course, too sensible to buy a Porsche or Corvette, so they buy a car just like their old one, but without a roof. And just like aging women, this car has a large and saggy backside.

Here's an official video of this car:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeyZ1ldoq0&eurl=[/YOUTUBE]
Mmmm sexy, I want one now :lol:
3.5L and 235 horsepower? That must be some kind of record... worst power to litreage ratio
LOL a Lexus can extract some 300+ hp out of their 3.5's...

Last edited:
My Nissan is rated at 245bhp, but I think it's a conservative rating. It's a fairly quick car, nowt-60mph is just over 6.5 seconds and it tops out at 140mph. But I doubt this Sebring will be a work of genius, it is probably rather heavy and wallowy and the new roof job isn't helping any. ;)

It's awful, I was expecting the convertible/coupe to look decent but Chrysler somehow screwed it up. What's worse is that it is going to sell by the thousands in the US by someone with no taste in cars.

the 2.7L has about 25lb/ft more torque, but is not worth the price increase. In the previous sebring convertible, the 2.7L was $2000 USD more than the 2.4L...

You know, it doesn't look as bad when in motion. This is basically a base model hard top cabrio in America, we've seen the base model hard top cabrio's in Europe... and they aren't any better. lol

I just don't understand why car companies are so obsessed with putting enormous headlights and taillights on their cars.

What do you tow with that anyway? An Americans' buttocks and fat-arsed children, perhaps? Or possibly dread of all things, a caravan! :lmao:

Boats, jet skis, motorcycles, ATVs, and yes, campers(they ain't called caravans here in the US, where you are located it seems) and such. We used to do it all the time with our trucks. Some people don't have the space or can't afford a truck though so they use their cars. I've seen it plenty of times.

Boats, jet skis, motorcycles, ATVs, and yes, campers(they ain't called caravans here in the US, where you are located it seems) and such. We used to do it all the time with our trucks. Some people don't have the space or can't afford a truck though so they use their cars. I've seen it plenty of times.

Absolutely; by the way I saw a lot of times convertibles towing a caravan through France with UK or NL plates.

3.5L and 235 horsepower? That must be some kind of record... worst power to litreage ratio?
Nope. That "honor" could very well go to the 3.8L V6 in the America-only Buick Lucerne. 3.8L and 197 horsepower. (Same as the Civic Si, except it actually has torque) The Mustang V6 is 4.0L and makes 210 hp. I hope that it gets the new Ford engine (3.5L, 265hp) that they can't stop talking about for the Edge.

But I can see why people would buy it... it's probably one of the cheapest convertibles you can buy. It's not as ugly as that ugly as sin PT Cruiser.
People don't buy it, so much as rent it whenever they go to Florida or (insert warm weather state here). I read somewhere that 75% of Sebring convertibles go to Avis and the like.

I actually like the PT Cruiser with the train cowcatcher grille. The new one just looks horrid. *sigh* I guess that's what happens when you try to update a retro design.

mautzel said:
Now that you mention sales - how are these cars (Sebring, Caliber) selling in the US? Is it a desaster like the Pacific or approx. reaching the targets Chrysler pronounced once?
It's a huge success in the States. They can't keep them on the lots. And before someone makes fun of Americans for having no taste, the same thing is happening in Europe. Chrysler is proving that if you have an interesting exterior, it'll sell even if you don't bother with the powertrain or chassis or build quality.

Back on topic: I've gotten to like the new catfish face on the Sebring, and it still has the long-and-low stance that the old one had, but the hardtop roof would ruin it for me. That back pillar is WAY too thick. They must have been looking at a mid-90s New Yorker when they designed it. It ruins all the proportion that the car has. And the flat-top roof looks the same as a 10-year-old Sebring coupe. Thank goodness it's an option.

Last edited:
Nope. That "honor" could very well go to the 3.8L V6 in the America-only Buick Lucerne. 3.8L and 197 horsepower. (Same as the Civic Si, except it actually has torque) The Mustang V6 is 4.0L and makes 210 hp. I hope that it gets the new Ford engine (3.5L, 265hp) that they can't stop talking about for the Edge.

Big engine+low power+simple design= a cheap engine to produce that will last for sometime and have a bit of torque down low.