2007 Lotus Sport Exige Cup

Another version of the Elise/Exige :glare:

The 265E is 0.1 seconds faster to 100km/h though....

Another version of the Elise/Exige :glare:

The 265E is 0.1 seconds faster to 100km/h though....

interesting point... they should make the 265E engine into the cup engine. just think, cleaner racing, also cheaper to run in some countries.

Hahaha...nothing like a "hardcore" Exige.

Incredible. I really want to try one of these (or the standard Exige, or even an Elise) on a track, or decent road.

Man, every time you turn around there is a better Lotus out, how much better can it get? :mrgreen:

Doesn't bother me one bit though, keep on trucking (not literally).

not very practical but looks like a lot of fun on the track. im sure clarkson will race it against a chevy cobalt and say it's a better car

ITT, we propose engines for the Elise/Exige!

Mazda Renesis
N/A 2-cyl rotary, 1.3 l, 227hp

Judd XV675
N/A V8 3.4 l, 500hp

Rotax 995 SDI
N/A 2-cyl two stroker, 1.0 l, 163hp

Toyota 1.0 VVT-i
N/A 3-cyl, 1.0 l, 67hp

Ok, the Toyota may need some tuning. But it's light! Just 68 kgs iirc. It would also make a great noise!

if lotus were having issues with engine choices, they wouldn't be coming to us for the answers.... they would do what is right for the cars. i'd like to see you get traction with street tires or those small racing slicks on the car we are talking about when 500 hp is being pushed out.

of your choices, the Renesis was the best idea, but i think lotus wants their car to be reliable to a certain extent.

if lotus were having issues with engine choices, they wouldn't be coming to us for the answers.... they would do what is right for the cars. i'd like to see you get traction with street tires or those small racing slicks on the car we are talking about when 500 hp is being pushed out.

of your choices, the Renesis was the best idea, but i think lotus wants their car to be reliable to a certain extent.
Needs more drive wheels.

Sorry. Wasn't really serious about that post :p

Haha cool a twin turbo 2.0L Toyota engine. That would be one hell of a ride.

I think he means the silver stripe @ the side......and it?s an R8.

Yes, I'm referring to the company who added the silver strip.

If the Lotus loses all the strips on the car and gets painted in black, this would be a fantastic car.