The "New Toys" Thread

A nice choice, I might say,
... they look and sound pretty good :)

My only complaints so far are:
1. Slightly muffled midrange.
2. Bass Control has 3 settings: off, a little, and infinity

Good points: strong bass, great high notes, amazing for Call Of Duty 2, rap music and The Clash and I can only imagine what GT Legends will sound like. :D

Will report in once I've tried.

Great little camera, although the lack of a battery-life indicator is a bit inconvenient.

Yeah, that's probably my only complaint about my Powershot IS....the battery indicator only shows up when it's almost dead :(

And the parts purchase begins.

HardDrivesMedium.jpg

E6300Medium.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.**/img293/9352/dsc01354qt8.jpg

It's great. :)

Niiiice! I like!

How is it to drive LFS with it. Do you use all the degrees the wheel offers, do you use the clutch and the shifter?

It's a lot more fun than it was with DFP. I use 720 degrees and the steering is a lot faster (and quieter, a lot) than DFP. Yeah I use the clutch and H-shifter and both feel really nice. Biggest problem I have at the moment is braking, since I have played left foot on the brake and right on the gas for ages, and now it doesn't work that way, plus the brake pedal feels a lot different than that of DFP. My laptimes have dropped a lot :cry: , but I guess they start to get better when I get used to the wheel. Drifting is now twice as much fun 8)

Biggest problem I have at the moment is braking, since I have played left foot on the brake and right on the gas for ages, and now it doesn't work that way
What is it doing? Is it using both the gas and brake as a combined axis? If that's the case you should be able to switch that to use separate axes, right?

If you turn really, really fast to the left and then really, really fast to the right, does the steering suddenly become heavy in the middle?
The MOMO has this problem and that makes playing Richard Burns Rally not quite as good as it was with my old wheel. Does this wheel have that problem too?

What is it doing? Is it using both the gas and brake as a combined axis? If that's the case you should be able to switch that to use separate axes, right?

If you turn really, really fast to the left and then really, really fast to the right, does the steering suddenly become heavy in the middle?
The MOMO has this problem and that makes playing Richard Burns Rally not quite as good as it was with my old wheel. Does this wheel have that problem too?

Yeah I have gas and brake on separate axes. It's just that when I need to brake, I push the clutch pedal instead of brake, it's a matter of getting used to. :rolleyes: I have to learn a new way to use the pedals since there's now one more. Heel and toe and such techniques...

No, the steering doesn't become heavy in the middle, it's easy to swing the wheel from end to end, with the right settings at least. In DFP there was that problem and so I couldn't use as much rotation as I use now.

Last edited:
^I realized that the G25 pedals I very very heavy, if I wanted to do heel and toe, I had to put on some converse shoes to not hurt my foot.

And ESPN, the Steering on the G25 is very realistic, turns smoothly regardless of how you turn... I also like how if I wanted to play 180degrees steering on the G25, it kinda locks the wheel at 180 like on the momo.

And I have no problem with braking on my right foot :p, I've been doing it even on my momo :D.

The case that I'm putting this all in. Antec P180B.

2006_1207case0003Medium.jpg

2006_1207case0006Medium.jpg

2006_1207case0008Medium.jpg

got my DS lite today,
together with Mario Kart as my 1st game
and a soft cushion case from dollar store to protect them.
so far so gd, no issues on wireless connection. =]

DSC01477.jpg
Good choice for a first game! The black is nice, but I likes me white.:D We should race sometime.

pic_centertop_ProfCare8000S.jpg

Got this the other day. Its like 125 Euros, but the OralB man was nice enough to give it to me for free... cand.med.dent. Buba is da shizzle!

B000E8RAPQ.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56945640_.jpg

Was in the mail yesterday... I really like it!

I also got various other stuff the last few weeks in which my Inet didn't work, but mosty its minor stuff like a new cpu cooler that doesn't fit in my htpc case, a rf remote for the htpc and so on...

Last edited:
I need to get me one of those...

The electric brush? Yeah, they are freaking awesome... The even come with a tounge scraper which is perfect for bad breath after drinking (lots of beer)...

Wait, how did you get him to do that?
i want one...

The electric brush? Yeah, they are freaking awesome...

My Father-in-law has that exact same one and he loves it :thumbup:

The case that I'm putting this all in. Antec P180B.

2006_1207case0003Medium.jpg

Excellent choice sir, really god case to work with, had mine since march and found it to be wonderful...plus almost silent with fantastic cooling :)

Wait, how did you get him to do that?
i want one...

Easy peasy... You just study a couple of semesters dental medicine, and once you are in your clinical term, he comes to the Marriot in your town, tells you how good it is, and then gives it to you ;-)

How else do you think they could advertise with "the brand that most of the dentists use..." ;-)

Excellent choice sir, really god case to work with, had mine since march and found it to be wonderful...plus almost silent with fantastic cooling :)

Good to hear :).

Here is what I picked up today. ATI Radeon X1900XTX

VideoMedium.jpg

3 more things left on the list and I shall be good to go.