1054hp 250mph chop topped Porsche 997

When I read 1054hp I expected something gharstly, but this looks FANTASTIC. I'd add some more subtle and stylish wheels and It would be close to the perfect car. WOW!

^ its based on the 997 Turbo
The displacement of the six-cylinder flat engine is increased from 3.6 to 3.8 liters and the engine is reworked entirely. Company owner Reinhold Schmirler's power cocktail also includes special combustion chamber shapes as well as precision-machined cylinder heads with larger valves, and high-performance camshafts.

The engine's peripherals are also completely new. In addition to an intake manifold with larger and smoothened ports the engine is equipped with a more powerful turbocharging system and a high-performance exhaust.

The stock turbos with variable turbine geometry are replaced by larger conventional ones, which are supplied with optimal amounts of exhaust gas by the custom-tailored stainless-steel exhaust manifolds. Higher capacity intercoolers provide cooler charge air for maximum power output, aided on the exhaust side by a stainless-steel sport exhaust with metal catalysts.

I don't see much in the way of cooling. The Veyron has a whole mess of radiators to keep it frosty, but I don't see any of that here. I understand the car needs to be slippery but overheating might be a problem.

I hope I'm wrong, it looks like it wants to run, even if it looks like it's been stepped on by the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

I dunno, I would at this point say the same thing clarkson said in his previous articles- If there was a way of making the 911 turbo better, porsche would have done it, I dunno how much of an apex-eater this one is, straight line grunt aside. Porsches have always been surgical tool kinda precision cars, wouldnt you all agree?

Nobody says its really better, its just built for a different purpose. This is no daily driver, its completely useless as one. Just wait for the fuel consumption, it might be pretty high ^^

i think it was mainly a straighline stormer than a fast cornering one

I don't see much in the way of cooling. The Veyron has a whole mess of radiators to keep it frosty, but I don't see any of that here. I understand the car needs to be slippery but overheating might be a problem.

I hope I'm wrong, it looks like it wants to run, even if it looks like it's been stepped on by the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Nah...compare the engines...The Veyron's got a 8 litre quad-turbo W16 where as the Porsche's "only" got a 3.8 bi-turbo 6 cylinder...And the Veyron has to perform in every possible weather and environtmental situation...and that 1054hp Porsche doesn't...I guess
I don't think it'll be that hard to cool it...

is that thing even roadlegal? I doubt that. for example, it has no side mirrors. and then again, how is this impressive? it's just another tuner car going after Bugatti's scalp. and somehow, when i think of this car's drivetrain configuration, I see it lifting it's nose and flipping a l? Mercedes Benz @ Le Mans while going for top speed..

Do people even read the article before posting about it?

is that thing even roadlegal? I doubt that...
It is destined to win the Blue Ribbon for the world's fastest street-legal sports car next year, with a top speed of more than 250 mph (400 km/h)...With a boost pressure of 1.5 bar the engine develops 1,054 bhp / 775.7 kW at 7,700 rpm and a peak torque of 760 lb-ft at 5,800 rpm. And yet, the speed-record hunter meets stringent EURO IV emission limits.
Now which countries' road laws...I assume only Germany.

I dunno how much of an apex-eater this one is, straight line grunt aside. Porsches have always been surgical tool kinda precision cars, wouldnt you all agree?...i think it was mainly a straighline stormer than a fast cornering one
The high-speed track in Nardo, where the world record is supposed to be set next year, places extreme demands on the Mission 400 Plus suspension, due to its undulated surface. H&R has custom-developed a special version of its H&R HIGH-END suspension specifically for this purpose.
The top-of-the-line product in the H&R lineup distinctly sets itself apart from conventional sport suspensions. In addition to special struts with sporty springs and shocks the H&R HIGH-END suspension further consists of bearings made from especially high-quality harder materials, custom-made aluminum lower A-arms as well as special tie rods and newly designed upper rear axle links.

Installing this almost infinitely adjustable suspension results in even more strength and more direct response.
It sounds as if you can customize the suspension to any circumstance...albeit with a full set of tools. From the article and stickers on the car, H&R looks to be the title sponsor, a company who specialize in motorsport and aftermarket sports-car suspension products.

Now I can only assume that the transmission gearing would never work around a track, that would be the biggest draw back for circuit driving, that and getting the power down.

un-dee said:
...its just built for a different purpose. This is no daily driver, its completely useless as one...
Exactly

It looks like the rear end was extended...
Minimizing frontal surface area is absolutely elementary, which is why Jurgen Alzen decided to lower the roof by 3 inches. At the same time the A-pillars were tilted back further by 5.5 degrees. To give the coupe a homogenous overall appearance the tilt of B- and C-pillars was adjusted accordingly
I think that is an optical allusion, since they chopped the roof line three inches.

The 3rd to last photo looks like the back end of a mixed-breed Viper & Aston.

After re-reading the article myself :wall: I found this...
Also part of the Mission 400 Plus aerodynamics concept are numerous other modifications that were developed and tested in the wind tunnel. Among them are a long rear with pronounced separation edge and the absence of rain channels.
That long look is more than an optical allusion. :oops: