Post counts

Magnet

Car(s)
BMW E46 328Ci
Logging in today I noticed my post count has dropped about 500 (from around 1500 to below 1000) posts. I know most of my posts are childish and immature, but that's no reason to get rid of them. :p

Seriously though, is it just a glitch in the system or has everyone received the same clean-house treatment?

Logging in today I noticed my post count has dropped about 500 (from around 1500 to below 1000) posts. I know most of my posts are childish and immature, but that's no reason to get rid of them. :p

Seriously though, is it just a glitch in the system or has everyone received the same clean-house treatment?
I believe the old count was including the old closed forum sections.. when those get disabled, your post count drops (because they aren't public anymore).

I dunno about that, Quiky. Those posts (the cool wall, etc.) are still there, plus there weren't that many posts there.

It was probably due to me moving threads into the new thread games area where posts don't count towards your post count.

Look at it this way Magnet - you can make a WOOT 1000 POSTS!!!111!!OMG!1 thread

I dunno about that, Quiky. Those posts (the cool wall, etc.) are still there, plus there weren't that many posts there.

It was probably due to me moving threads into the new thread games area where posts don't count towards your post count.
Either that or it was a user error :D

OMG magnet has less than a 1000 posts...what a n00b haha :tease:

i KnoW.......
now i shood........
type liek thiz.......................

LIKE OMGZ WTF

I didn't loose any! Then again, I never had any to begin with.. :D

I can't understand why pple make a big deal over post count. I mean WTF? what difference does it make, does it change who you are? does it make you any less of a finalgear member? or how about the thought "I am not going to participate in game threads anymore because my post count won't register". The mind boggles.

Well, I use people's post counts on forums to judge how much value I should give to what they say.

I mean if someone with 5000 posts tells me the sky is falling, I'm much more likely to believe them than someone with 5. ;)

Hmmmm............can't say I have thought about it like that. I am just saying it is not the do all and end all. Some1 could just for the sake of arguement put something really not relivent to every thead on the board and it would not necessaily get clocked. How many times has a spy shot come up and you read though the thread and it like a page full of "It is awful", "don't like the Grill". All this clocks up post count. How long some1 has been a member and an average of how many posts they do in a day is a far greater indercater. It shows how much some1 has bothered to log in read posts, digest them without posting something which ain't pertically important or has already been said.

An example of this can you remember the piddington guy, he done more posts in a month and I have done in 6. Yes he got clocked but if he had of been more descreat, and less annoying it would not have been picked up on.

Viper I am not questioning you, just so you know, I am only expressing an opinion.

Last edited:
Post counts are just one way of establishing someone's contribution to the forum - obviously the quality of their posts is more important, but post count can also help.

BTW Viper, the sky is falling :p

No, I know, post count isn't everything. There are lots of people with high post counts who I don't give much value to their comments (not necessarily on this forum though) and there are many with low post counts who I know that they know what they're talking about.

I'm just saying I find it a good rough indicator for people who I don't immediately recognize by their avatar. ;)

Post counts are just one way of establishing someone's contribution to the forum - obviously the quality of their posts is more important, but post count can also help.
Exactly.

BTW Viper, the sky is falling :p

Oh shit!

OMG i was celebrating 450 and now i'm at 328!!