UN: "Livestock responsible for more global warming than all trasport combined"

GraemeH

Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
UN: "Livestock responsible for more global warming than all trasport combined"

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article2062484.ece

"Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together."

Take that, hippies.

Crap...now it comes down to: meat, or cars. Your choice...

I think I'd go veg if it came down to it...

Totally. Cars > meat

And yet still the government mugs me for everything in my wallet whenever i fill up with petrol. You're still taxed more for having an engine bigger than a 1.4. I'm still victimized for driving a car instead of taking a bike or a bus or whatever these people that don't live in reality think we should take.

Gordon Brown has kindly punctuated the point by announcing he's raising fuel tax. Hooray.

I feel sick.

I suppose I can live on poultry. Don't forget all the clear cutting you need to do so cows can graze.

Enviornmentalists' hearts are in the right place - but sadly misguided - they are all trying to get us in hybrids and electrics - <sigh> Meanwhile I have yet to see a single hydrogen pump.

Think we should do a thread for an alternative fuels discussion? Ethanol v Hydrogen v Hydrogen electric v Hybrid v Electric v Clean Diesel v Methane.

Last edited:
Clear cutting? What are you talking about, there is plenty of natural grazing land. Oh, right, you are back east. Nevermind.

Save the planet. Eat a cow.

Let's make this into a poll.

Awesome. This means any1 who is a vegetarian is killing off the world more than I am.

No, everytime I eat a piece of steak that means a cow has been killed. If only the vegetarians ate steak we would have less cows therefore less gasses produced! :p

I love to eat... I'd just go for the Bio-ethanol setting in the koenigsegg ccx's engine management ;-)

Just another thing in a chain of truth to blown the enviromentalists to smithereens...

Everybody read "State of Fear" by Critchton, it basically undoes every aspect of pro enviromentalism you ever heard!!!
None of my friends believed me, when I told them about it...

Yes, that would actually be an awesome idea Buba. Then you'd gimme a ride right? :p

Interesting, I will look for the book you stated.

And another con-environmentalist item, do we really think that cars and planes will warm the owrld when we have industrial estates spitting out nuclear waste, lotsa polluting things etcetcetc?

If you keep cows inside and collect the methane to burn it, it would be enviromentally friendly right? This is a paradox for environmentalists. Being green by treating animals badly .:tease:

Last edited:
Rofl rofl rofl.

"How can you say that? Its cruelty on the poor cows. They shouldn't be kept inside!!! :eek:
- Environmentalist quote

Yes, that would actually be an awesome idea Buba. Then you'd gimme a ride right? :p

Come on, in my world everybody would have a CCX if you could drive it ;-)