Versions of the Top Gear in other countries?

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
Long time ago on BBC radio, Jeremy mentionned BBC had sold the rights to make versions of TopGear in diffrent countires.

Id like to know if anyone here in their respective country, cept for Australia, has got wind of this.

News of the US one has gone completely silent.

It's silent probably because 1) the unseen pilot done here (how long ago was that?) may have been rubbish and or 2) if they ever tried to show the real deal here Clarkson would never be able to enter the country again! :)

Australia did a really bad one, clearly a ripp off of the format of top gear. But people soon relised that Australian TV personalities are devoid of any witt (or is that talent) and it lasted about 4 or 5 sundays in a row... then it was axed (at least i hope so)

was that the shit with Glen Ridge? wtf would a game show host know about cars....

Australia did a really bad one, clearly a ripp off of the format of top gear. But people soon relised that Australian TV personalities are devoid of any witt (or is that talent) and it lasted about 4 or 5 sundays in a row... then it was axed (at least i hope so)

was that the shit with Glen Ridge? wtf would a game show host know about cars....
I think he's refereing to "Drive" the TV program. It was very short lived.

Instead of the Stig...they had "The Chip" (I think) who did a "hotlap" or something. It was really terrible :lol:

Hey you might disagree with me but I think The Car Show is allright. Yes that's with Glen Ridge. It used to be shit but it's getting better...

I think he's refereing to "Drive" the TV program. It was very short lived.

Instead of the Stig...they had "The Chip" (I think) who did a "hotlap" or something. It was really terrible :lol:

Hey you might disagree with me but I think The Car Show is allright. Yes that's with Glen Ridge. It used to be shit but it's getting better...

Doesn't The Car Show have "The Chip" as well?? They show clips from old Fifth gear episodes on The Car Show as well don't they?

Doesn't The Car Show have "The Chip" as well?? They show clips from old Fifth gear episodes on The Car Show as well don't they?
Yeah they used old Fifth Gear clips in their program but not anymore since the new series. It's all their work. Nah they don't have The Chip - that was Drive.

Drive is the one that forms drive.com.au as well isn't it? if so then it's the most retarded motor show in the world because on drive.com.au they seem to change what they think of a car on week to week basis.

Well, there was the discovery channel version of TOP GEAR as well, which was basically few segments of previous episodes re-recorded with Clarkson's voice in US mode. That was not good. I remember him saying "JagWar" for "Jagu-ar", and all the stuff like the news and the star in reasonably priced car were removed. :|

Drive was terrible. "The Chip" would do a hot lap around the Oran Park short track and it would never look very impressive. At least The Car Show is informative. Nothing beats TG though.

How long has "the Car Show" been on for??

The Car Show is always up to date thought. Mike Dewar and that lady on Drive spoke in monotone voices and had didnt move their facial expressions at all.

Remember how The Chip used to always do the thumbs up at the start and look really uncool.....

The other problem with any Australian motoring show is that they do too many plugs for their sponsors, but I guess that just a 'free to air' thing.