All-new 10th generation Toyota Corolla for Europe

:blink:

God damn Toyota. Their cars are either bland or ugly.

i think it's an improvement on the old one. the old one was "just a car" much like the new Jetta design and the new E90 design.

cars are becoming too conservative these days, i'm not a fan. reminds me of the late 80s where everything was a square.

It was the same in the 90's - every car was a jelly-bean. Same in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s etc.

There will always be a fair degree of conservatism in car design when people are aiming for the majority of the marketplace.

Jeez, would it kill them to build an exciting vehicle?

The hatch looks better, no-one buys the saloon anyway.
newCorolla2006Anderson.jpg

Last edited:
Hey - its a sizable improvement from last gen - still being conservative and non-offensive - there are plenty of uglier small cars.

Trust me people buy it, all I see is corolla saloons. main reason they only sell the saloon here.

Many people buy Corolla sedans in finland too. I see allmost as many sedans as I see hatches.

The hatch looks better, no-one buys the saloon anyway.
newCorolla2006Anderson.jpg

I'd say they sell almost as many sedans as they do hatches here, as well. I guess the older people tend to buy the sedans, and the younger people the hatches.

I don't like that new Corolla hatch, looks like an overgrown Yaris. Then again, it looks better than the blandsville sedan.

The thing is, Toyotas are the default choice for people who don't care about cars, I don't mind that, at least it keeps them out of Kias and the like.

Ok, so its only in Britain that people don't tend to go for the saloon then.

After seeing the sedan, I know I'll get a good nights sleep. The styling is about as offensive as a room painted taupe with potted ferns in it, playing adagios from Mozart.

After seeing the sedan, I know I'll get a good nights sleep. The styling is about as offensive as a room painted taupe with potted ferns in it, playing adagios from Mozart.

Sounds like something Clarkson would say.