File Protection Help

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
Earlier today I bought a song on the HMV music store, downloaded fine and plays fine, unfortunatelly I ant play it on my W800i because its .wma and not .mp3. Ive also noticed its protected so I also cant burn it to a CD-

How can I remove the protection and convert it to .mp3?

...do a google search for WindowsMedia 10 DRM - that is the type used by HVM.

When I buy music from the itunes store, I always record it into Adobe Audition (or Cool Edit Pro) and then save it as a 320kbs mp3. So if I can listen to it, I can record it and encode it to whatever I want :)

Another method would be to burn it to a CD then rip it.

Earlier today I bought a song on the HMV music store, downloaded fine and plays fine, unfortunatelly I ant play it on my W800i because its .wma and not .mp3. Ive also noticed its protected so I also cant burn it to a CD-

How can I remove the protection and convert it to .mp3?

Try burning it to a cd anyways- I've bought stuff on ITunes before and it is also copy-protected, but putting it on a CD and reripping as MP3 has always worked for me.

Try burning it to a cd anyways- I've bought stuff on ITunes before and it is also copy-protected, but putting it on a CD and reripping as MP3 has always worked for me.

Did that and it works out great, thanks alot for your help as Id never of thought of that idea.

Last edited: