Why does Jeremy Clarkson hate America?

nist7

Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
The question "Why does Jeremy Clarkson hate America?" has been answered.

Please hit the Back button on your browser. Thank You.

Last edited:
why does one care ?
i mean, you either love his jokes or hate them, but once the episode is over, why does it matter that much ?

btw i think it's a nice tradition to say smth like get a life, so here you go ^_^

Get over it?

I didn't read any of that and I doubt anyone will (this has been discussed plenty). Is it hard to understand that there are things he likes and things he dislikes? Either way he uses hyperbole and superlatives (a good car is "the best car... EVER!" and a bad car is "the worst *insert component here* EVER fitted to a car") to describe it. It's just his style.

You just have to realize that you can't take everything he says all that seriously. As an American, I find the comments he makes about the US to be very funny, mainly because they're just so outrageously over exaggerated :lol:

He rips on Australia, Germany, Switzerland and the Moon too?? stereotype and sarcastic humor is an entertaining mix to make a point..

Get a life? Get over it? :D I've already done both! Yipee.

I personally enjoy his banterings and laugh it off, as most of us do. But being an inquisitive and dare I say...intellectual...being, I'm always curious as to how the other side would respond in the face of what seems to be a well-thought out argument.

The replies thus far has not been ... optimal....shall we say. You'd think people would actually READ a post before they respond. Oh well, I just hope the rest of this forum is not as dismissive as Clarkson is. But then again it IS more of an entertainment show rather than an informative show.

okay, fair enough conclusion.

Last edited:
you dont like clarkson, dont read what clarkson has wrote, dont watch watch clarkson has filmed simple.

why do you lot say you dont care what he thinks, but then you make long posts like that asking why he doesn't like you.

you make me laugh

you dont like clarkson, dont read what clarkson has wrote, dont watch watch clarkson has filmed simple.

why do you lot say you dont care what he thinks, but then you make long posts like that asking why he doesn't like you.

you make me laugh

Can you read?

When did I ever say that I, personally, despise Clarkson? I simply offered a point of view that is probably not very popular among this crowd. And I simply wanted to see some discussion.

And when did I say that those "long posts" are written by me? I clearly stated that those were written by members of another sportscar forum. If I wrote them then I would not put them in quotation marks, now would I?

nist777 said:
I personally enjoy his banterings and laugh it off, as most of us do.

Hey look! I actually ENJOY watching Top Gear. I recently discovered this fun show and is now working my way through series 5. Torrents rule :mrgreen:

nist777 said:
The question stands: why does Jeremy Clarkson despise America? I've been watching the discussion over on a sportscar forum but I thought it would be better if I brought this point of view here, where I hope Top Gear fans (who might know this man better) can provide some insightful explanations.

No where in that could I find any evidence that I, personally, am hating Jeremy Clarkson.

hype you make me laugh even harder. :p

As a counterpoint, exhibit 1:

An entire thread composed of insults and exaggerated steretypes, yet the targets of the "flaming" make no serious attempt to debate and/or rebut them. Contrast this to every bit of potentially anti-American commentary in any thread on this site, which is pounced upon with the fury of a thousand wounded egos. The phrase "big enough to rise above it all" comes to mind. There's no need to be so touchy about anti-anythingness from Clarkson or other talking heads. Take the ribbing in the spirit of a served tennis ball or a pitched baseball: hit it back if you can, but if you miss, remember, it's just a game. Enjoy it.

hmmm i never said it directly to you did i?

i said it as a generalization:D

An entire thread composed of insults and exaggerated steretypes, yet the targets of the "flaming" make no serious attempt to debate and/or rebut them. Contrast this to every bit of potentially anti-American commentary in any thread on this site, which is pounced upon with the fury of a thousand wounded egos. The phrase "big enough to rise above it all" comes to mind. There's no need to be so touchy about anti-anythingness from Clarkson or other talking heads. Take the ribbing in the spirit of a served tennis ball or a pitched baseball: hit it back if you can, but if you miss, remember, it's just a game. Enjoy it.

Wow. A thread dedicated to flaming the British....stunning. Although it does call to question the integrity of the moderation capabilities of this forum, I have to admit that in the spirit of true Maddox-like humor it just might be some jolly fun.

Well put Labcoatguy, the point has been taken. 8) That goes for BerserkerCatSplat as well.

Last edited:
Europe and Americans are two different carcultures. It's just that simple.

I, like many others here, dislike the American one. And if you can't stand someone teasing you a little don't watch the show. Or invade us...that usually works for you. :)

His bit about American drivers is largely true, well atleast in Michigan anyway. You'll see guys my age often going 50% over the speed limit no matter where they are, then they crash and their parents buy them new cars to abuse.

Wow. A thread dedicated to flaming the British....stunning. Although it does call to question the integrity of the moderation capabilities of this forum, I have to admit that in the spirit of true Maddox-like humor it just might be some jolly fun.

Viper started the thread as a joke :lol:

An entire thread composed of insults and exaggerated steretypes, yet the targets of the "flaming" make no serious attempt to debate and/or rebut them.

Well, they did try to rebut, but they realized their efforts were in vain ;)

nist7 seriously though. How can you watch Top Gear if you hate Clarkson? His person and opinions just take up such a large part of the show.

ahhh, so he IS a moderator.

That's actually a good thing. So I take it he is a pretty easy going guy, huh?

He's actually the head dude, and about as laid back as they come 8)

nist7 seriously though. How can you watch Top Gear if you hate Clarkson? His person and opinions just take up such a large part of the show.

This is how I can watch Top Gear:

nist777 said:
I personally enjoy his banterings and laugh it off, as most of us do.

Again, I never said that I personally hate Clarkson. Although I disagree with many of his opinions.