hypnotized hammond

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
watchin the show that had paul mckenna on it.... do you reckon he was actually hypnotized?

i honestly dont believe in it myself

Considering how Hammond is a crap actor in really scripted scenes, like the "scottish lady called Jackie Stewart" bits, I'd lean more towards real hypnotism. His anger at the "crash" felt much more real than any acted bits in the show.

That's a tricky one... I have always wondered if it was real...

He looked mortified once they showed the car scene, and a little embarrassed. :) I don't think you could fake his reactions.

Paul Mckenna is one of only a few genuine hypnotists out there, i'm pretty sure it was real (having being hypnotised myself).

I could almost relate to what he was saying about trying to explain it. >.<

Speaking from experience, it's hard to fake that. You genuinely are unable to control your actions and reactions.

I read somewhere (a column?) that Richard was mighty pissed at Jeremy letting McKenna do that to him. So I think it was real.

can't see why it couldnt have been real

From what I've read, hypnotism is something that takes hours, and when you've done that, you won't have the ability to force anyone to eat donuts even though they hate them.

It is, though possible to access very deep spaces of the human mind, over several sessions at sever hours each.

If you reach that level, you can do pretty much anything, I'm told.

Like telling the brain to switch off the heart when you hear a dog bark.

No wonder hypnotism is regarded sort of dangerous.

there is also a large debate on whether hypnotism is real in the psychology field. the argument against hypnotism is that the person is usually more incline to suggestion and has a sense of showmanship already embedded in him/herself. A prof once outlined this situation; on stage, a hypnotist gathers a group of audience members and hypnotizes each of them into doing progressively more outrageous act, all the while cutting down the number of participants that do not show a strong reaction to the suggestions.
Hammond was probably more willing to play along and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't sense what was happening to him on some level. In that sense hypnotism is not so much as a wizard putting you under a spell, rather you have to be a willing participant ready to embarrass yourself for the audience

This was discussed in length in the episode's thread, but I'll let this stay. :)

Anyway, hypnotism is retarded and fake. I mean, someone just has to say a few "magical" words and all of a sudden you loose all your self control? Gimme a break... :roll:

Anyway, hypnotism is retarded and fake. I mean, someone just has to say a few "magical" words and all of a sudden you loose all your self control? Gimme a break... :roll:

:lol:

Look into my eyes... you are getting sleepyyyyy.... sleepyyyy... now buy me a Koenigsegg....

Yeeeeeeees sir i shall sell my arse for 200000000 LOL

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's the 'trigger' part that you see, the actual setting up for the hypnosis takes place over several hours before the show. That's what they done to Hammond. A several hour session done the work, then he could just be 'turned' later on screen quickly.

I'm not sure if it is real but Hammond did look like he was at least in the Alfa Romeo.

This was discussed in length in the episode's thread, but I'll let this stay. :)

SLEEP
Thanks and hypnotism is very real! I will say that it does depend on the individual to SLEEP... sorry I tend to do that. Anyways hypnotism is all based on suggestion and works on many levels, both subliminal and in our waking world.
My father was a Detective, primary negotiator, and interrogator. He currently does polygraphs for police departments who don?t have the money to have their own in house expert. Much of it is the actual belief in the machine and the other is that people don?t want to have secrets. People actually hypnotize themselves into doing what they believe is expected of them.
Hypnotism works on same level, when you have a person who wants display a specific reaction they will. Bring a person into a relative relaxed state and their basic thoughts are portrayed. SLEEP