Anyone with In2Hosting.org? BIG PROBLEMS

well iv lost like 2500 pictures + :S and about 400 of them as i said is from my project so the 20 000 people looking at it now cant see the pictures from it anymore :(

Legally, Registrars can only deal with the person who registered the domain.
Yep. I really wish that weren't true. :cry:

This is what I received in response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Unfortunately since you are not an account holder of The Planet, we are unable to assist you.

Looks like I'm screwed. :censored:

well im from norway and the host is in the usa. For me its realy hard to get anywere with this. But aint there any sort of "peoples rigths and advicer" place in the usa? we have that in Norway, so if anything happens i can call them and they will try to help me out. BUT since there is money involved in this even "?kokrim" would like to know it too. Thats more like an investigation team, they even take on jobs when we screw up and loose money on fake trades and so on.

But aint there any kind of this in the usa? It would be much easier for one in the usa to help with this, i think. I realy dont know my rigth in the usa :/

Best bet for that would be the Better Business Bureau. I haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet, but I believe you can file a complaint online from http://www.bbb.org.

I was have free account on in2hosting.org, but i always copy files to server and then to local folder on my pc My Site.

zenon, if you get your domain or another domain, I'll let you use some of my server space (I own a server) until you can get a job and some money.

I was have free account on in2hosting.org, but i always copy files to server and then to local folder on my pc My Site.

The free accounts were going dwon anyway, afaik. I think I got mail about that...

Try posting on http://www.webhostingtalk.com (one of the most obscenely busy forums I've used). I notice in2hosting has an account there but hasn't posted in a while. They are a pretty helpful bunch and may know something

WHTalk is a great place, I've always gone there for info on hosting and such.

Isn't there any way for those who reg'd their domains through in2hosting.org to get it back? Lucky I reg all my domains with godaddy.

WHT is a really REALLY good place for hosting information. I used it a lot when I was looking for dedicated servers. The people on there know a lot about everything. They are very knowledgeable about dedicated server providers (i'm not sure how good they are for shared hosting, but dedicated hosting and colocation they are good.)

Technically no, it's a means of protecting domain owners from people trying to steal their domains. The only way to really get them back is to:

A. Issue a transfer request and hope that the person who technically owns the domains approves the domain transfer (Cost: the price of a domain transfer, depends greatly on the registrar used).

B. Wait until 90 days after it is to expire, (If the domain isn't on auto-renew) when the domain name will be made available again, and then re-register it when it becomes available. (Cost: The price of the new domain registration, and patience).

C. Cut and run, and buy a new domain, and register it on your own. (Cost: The price of a new domain registration)

If you are really attached to your domain, you should at least try A. Otherwise, from my past experience, option C is usually the best. I highly suggest to everyone that they buy their domains themselves, and back up their data, that way if the company you are using goes down for any reason, you have just lost money, not your work or your presence.

i can not buy a domain coz it says its already bought ! And It was suppose to last till sep 2007!

i can not buy a domain coz it says its already bought ! And It was suppose to last till sep 2007!

There's a difference between a domain transfer and a domain purchase. Most registrars have the capability to transfer domains from one another, I think it's a part of ICANN accreditation. Otherwise you will have to wait until it expires + 90 days before you can actually purchase it as a new domain.

I have transferred my domain name from the registrar which in2hosting had supplied to godaddy... I have mailed them and requested for an authorisation code as i can't find a doc from in2hosting saying the code. I need that to successfully transfer the domain name.

Has anyone heard anything new? Where have they gone? Someone that have a thread on that other forum about this?

ahh yes, I had forgotten about webhostingtalk.. good stuff.

Oddly enough, I was actually able to connect to my plesk site until this morning. Now it's gone too.