The worst car you have ever driven

Toyota Echo, it was a rental. I'm 6'2" and I was chewing my knees. I promptly returned it and got a big car.

i guess the worst car ive ever driven was a mid 90s toyota corolla that my driving school used. Even though it was one of only the few cars i've even at the time i knew after a mile of driving that it was a major pos and hated every minute. I mean honestly anyone at that age would have enjoyed driving period! But i was simply disgusted by it. It didnt help that it was a popular car as well which makes me think about just how much idiots there are in this country. Lets put it this way, i've driven mini vans, cargo vans even that inspired more thrill and were more fun to drive. It was incredibly cheap inside, looked like stale bread on the outside, but the worst part was driving it, it was like hopping on a crack whore and then asking her to run while using her pony tales to steer :|

Worst car I have ever driven:

1984 Pontiac Acadian
Not unlike this one:
chev_00765l.jpg

Nevermind the driving position where you sitted straight and had your legs to the left because the foot well was narrow and the transmission big but your hands on the wheel to the right because the steering wasn't right in front of the driver, it had a calendar for a speedo from the factory when you got it with an automatic transmission AND a non turbo diesel engine ! !
ABSOLUTE. slowest. car. I. have. ever. driven.
Hills required a newspaper or better yet, a friend to talk to if you had plenty of time or to push when in a hurry.

A friend's dad had one of those and I would drive it home from parties when we went out because I was the sober one... Thinking back, he had a good reason to drink when we went out, it kept him out of the driver's seat of that thing.

Brand-new 2007 Dodge Magnum.

It had the 2.7L V6 and 4-speed automatic, which meant that a) it was freakin' slow, b) the transmission kickdown was crazy loud and still slow, and b) highway mileage at 80mph was only around 22 MPG. Plus it had a plastic intake manifold. I'll say it again, a plastic intake manifold.

Hey hey, nothing wrong with plastic intake manifolds...my 05 Subaru Legacy actually has one! Oddly, people are running 400+ WHP set ups with stock (plastic) manifolds still on and they work well apparently..
It's a known easy mod in the pt turbo community that switching the early heavy heat soaking cast aluminium intake manifold for the later lighter, cooler, better flowing plastic manifold is good for 8 to 10 hp. ;)

PT Cruiser...weak and I felt like I was sitting on a park bench.
NA, sure.
Give it the factory turbo engine, the S1 PCM and see it become a sleeper. :wicked:
TimeSlip-22octobre2006.jpg
;)

Here we go.....

Here we go.....

This is going to be a scarey post. I've driven virtually every Alfa Romeo from the 1960's to 1994 (and a few after), quite a few Holden Commodores and a lot of "hot" Japanese imports......So I'm going to put it in sections

Worst Engine: Holden VK Commodore, 6cyl Automatic, "Black" HEC 202 3.3 Litre Engine (Australian Designed and built engine)....120HP at the flywheel from 3.3 Litres....HOW?!?!?!? It also sucked juice like you wouldn't belive and the plastic camshaft gear broke leaving me on the side of the road.....

Worst Ergonomics: Alfa Romeo 90. Power window switches on the roof you say? :blink: Wierd "Italian" digital dashboard, funky handbrake......

Worst Automatic Gearbox: Holden "Trimatic" (nicknamed the Traumatic), I had to scrape my face off the windscreen everytime it changed gear

Worst Manual gearbox: Alfa Romeo Alfetta (Early di-dion rear) There is no sensation of the gearlinkage being connected to the transmission

Worst seating position: Holden VB-VL Commodores. Its confortable and you can see everything etc, but offers you NO lateral support and puts you body in the wrong position for fast cornering......no wonder they have a such a bad rep involveing corners....

Worst Rust: Alfa Romeo Alfa Sud/Alfa Romeo Spider. I couldn't pick! Is it a supprise that the Italians take out this position......the metal (well I think its metal) on these things is so bad that you prep it (left unpainted), leave it overnight and the next morning its starting to rust again.....

Most Disappointing Car: Nissan Skyline R32 GTR....All that technology and you boot it into a corner and it wants to step out/swapends.....total overrated rubbish. (I think that is going to start a flame war but I was shattered after I drove not one but two of them)

Most scarey understeering car: Suburu WRX MY99.......they just don't want to turn in! From what I've heard they haven't got much better!

Most scaret oversteering car: Holden VL Commodore Turbo.......It "wondersteers" When it breaks away it picks a random direction.

Worst Brakes: Lada Niva, 3 spot fronts and rear drums....tho they would probably be O.K if they had a pad change and the master cylinder actually worked....

Worst Powah!: Datsun 120Y witha a Automatic gearbox.....

I've drien a lot of cars in a less than ideal mechanical state (I'm a mechanic) so I'll add in a few "horror cars". We do a few non Alfa's normally just for people who have already have a Alfa and they want another car fixed.....normally if you have another car (that isn't an Alfa/Italian) we send you somewhere else...

Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon (Mechanical select): No brakes! I was white by the time I got back to the shop.......I've never seen brakes that warped!

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR. Good car gone bad, the whole front left chassis rail had departed from the rest of the body....no wonder it felt "odd" I kinda felt sick looking under it. And its scarey to think that it didn't look like it was caused by badly repaired accident damage. Still Australian roads do that to a lot of cars (quite a few Euro and Jap cas)

Alfa Romeo Guiletta A syncro departed from its retainer and went through the gearbox......oh the joy...and good luck getting any gear besides first....

Alfa Romeo Spider.....rust you say? Yep....and sombody had used newspaper to create a sill panel and then covered it with bog (filler)

Alfa Romeo GTV6. The Italians invented electricty but had no idea how to use it....I'm very fit after pushing that car....

Alfa Roemo Sud......How can all the bolts holding in the drivers seat pull out of the floor at once?!?

Holden VH Commodore......Oh so the back axel was shunted across 75mm by a 17 year old reversing out his driveway? No wonder it didn't track correctly...and the young lad said it did it by reversing at 10km/h into a pot plant......well thats what he told his old man. In the end he confessed to us....

Alfa Romeo Guiletta. Clutch dump, bang the whole aluminum cluch houseing (which is located in teh boot...gear mounted gearbox) exploded.....

There are lots more but thats just a few......

Holden VH Commodore......Oh so the back axel was shunted across 75mm by a 17 year old reversing out his driveway? No wonder it didn't track correctly...and the young lad said it did it by reversing at 10km/h into a pot plant......well thats what he told his old man. In the end he confessed to us....

Burn out?

Plymouth Acclaim:

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/8435/199095plymouthacclaim90pd0.jpg

Words cannot describe the awfulness.

I forgot to mention that back in poland my parents had a Fiat 126p with a whopping 26hp and RWD!
3473.jpg

Bucket loads of driving crap that thing was.

If it had 126 bph, it might get very fun. :lol:

I suppose they don't have a SVA test in poor countries. :tease:

late 90's, early 00's 4 cylinder mustangs...everything about them are bad and I once went to close the door in one and I ripped out the whole interior side panel. Now that's craftmanship!

first gen saturn sedan. the transmission would slip out of gear going up hill, down hill, around corners and would stall all the time. yes, it was an auto. one time i nearly took out a power wire poll when it stalled going around a corner. no power anything, yeah it sucked. and it blew a headgasket the next day after my sister bought it.

late 90's, early 00's 4 cylinder mustangs...everything about them are bad and I once went to close the door in one and I ripped out the whole interior side panel. Now that's craftmanship!

I didn't think they make 4 cylinder Mustangs since the late 80's SVO turbo. AFAIK the base models have gutless V6s. I rented an 05 convertible in Maui and the build quality hasn't gotten any better :(

I have driven so many bad cars in my time but I have to say my current sled is among the worst new cars I've had. I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C and the ride and handling is just appauling! :cry:

I rented a truck from Home Depot once, I believe it was a Ford F250. It steered like a battleship, but the acceleration and throttle response were probably worse.

My mum's 1st generation Toyota Avensis 1.8. I guess it's not technically that bad, but it's somehting worse - it's seriously boring and uninspiring car. The clutch is also terrible..

I had the pleasure of driving an automatic Atos Prime today. I've already said what I think about that car, but this one was special. The dash was apparently bolted directly onto the engine and the vibrations were hillarious. Rattling plastic makes the same noise as those mechanical stompers asphalters use. 1,2 km on the meter and it's broken, thats quality.