Mosler is finally selling the MT900S in North America!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok smart guy, explain how they are kit cars.

Yes, I would like to know this as well. I have never heard the S7 described as a kit car. :lol:

They are assembled at the factory and sold as turn-key. You could build your own Saleen or Mosler at home, but you cannot build you very own Carerra GT, SLR, Veyron - real super cars.. Dream on if you wish to think the Mosler/Saleen are anything more than race cars for the track modified as kit-cars for the road. Educate yourself about kit-cars before having a temper tantrum.

They are assembled at the factory and sold as turn-key. You could build your own Saleen or Mosler at home, but you cannot build you very own Carerra GT, SLR, Veyron - real super cars.. Dream on if you wish to think the Mosler/Saleen are anything more than race cars for the track modified as kit-cars for the road. Educate yourself about kit-cars before having a temper tantrum.

Please, provide evidence that you can buy these in kit form. If you can't buy them in kit form, they're not kit-cars.

And I could build my own Mustang but that does not make it a kit car. The S7 and Mosler are super cars by any definition of the word. They are advanced and just as fast and even faster than the Carerra GT, SLR, Veyron, etc. Have you even bothered to look up the specs on the vehicles or examine how they are built. It is not as simple as it might seem.

You could build any car yourself if you had the money.

Here are a few specs on the S7

Specifications
Engine

Engine: OHV, Aluminum V8
Bore & Stroke: 4.120 x 4.00 in (104.6 x 101.6 mm)
Engine size: 7.0 L
Power Output: 750 hp (559 kW) @ 6300 rpm
Torque Output: 700 lbf?ft (949 N?m) @ 4800 rpm
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Transmission
Transmission Ratios:

1st gear: 2.86:1
2nd gear: 1.61:1
3rd gear: 1.14:1
4th gear: 0.96:1
5th gear: 0.81:1
6th gear: 0.64:1
Final drive: Limited slip 3.70:1
Suspension

Front: Unequal-length double wishbones, lightweight aluminum dampers with coil-over springs, anti-roll bar
Rear: Unequal length double wishbones, light-weight aluminum dampers with coil-over springs, anti-roll bar
Brakes

Front: 15.0 in discs/6-pot calipers
Rear: 14.0 in discs/6-pot calipers
Wheels and Tires

Wheels:
Front: 19 in. x 9.5 in
Back: 20 in. x 12.0 in
Tires:
Front: 275/30ZR19
Back: 345/30ZR20
Chassis/Body

Chassis: Lightweight 4130 Steel space frame-Aluminum Honeycomb Hybrid
Body Panels: Autoclave-cured prepreg Carbon fiber

Weight: 2750 lb (1250 kg)
Ground clearance: 4.00 in (102 mm) (U.S. street-suspension configuration)
Length: 187.95 in (4774 mm)
Width: 78.35 in (1990 mm)
Height: 40.98 in (1041 mm)
Wheelbase: 106.30 in (2700 mm)
Track (Front/Rear): 68.82 in (1748 mm) / 67.32 in (1710 mm)
Weight distribution with one occupant: 40/60
Fuel Tank: 19.0 US gallons (72 liters)
Performance

Top speed: 248 mph (399 km/h)
0-60 mph: 2.8 seconds

-----------------------------------

By your reasoning any Noble would also be a kit car, same with the Veyron.

Last edited:
Bob_Sapp said:
You could build your own Saleen or Mosler at home, but you cannot build you very own Carerra GT, SLR, Veyron - real super cars.

You're right. You can build your very own S7..........if you're a bloody aeronautical engineer!

http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/852/saleens7intmanu05002685sx8.jpg

*scratches his head at how it could possibly be called a kit car*

You're right. You can build your very own S7..........if you're a bloody aeronautical engineer!

http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/852/saleens7intmanu05002685sx8.jpg

So guys, I like totally got myself a Saleen S7 kit car. It's sitting in my garage right now, but I don't have my camera to show how far along I am.

Calling a Mosler or a Saleen a kit car is equivillent to calling a Ford GT a kit car or a Ferrari Enzo a kit car.:idiot:

they aren't, They've just got an overall very simple-looking design.

But there are kit cars that look complex than you would expect a kit car to look. The Factory Five GTM can be bought in kit form and built yourself for instance
http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/159/ffgtmjuly1cc9.jpg

They are assembled at the factory and sold as turn-key. You could build your own Saleen or Mosler at home, but you cannot build you very own Carerra GT, SLR, Veyron - real super cars.. Dream on if you wish to think the Mosler/Saleen are anything more than race cars for the track modified as kit-cars for the road.
:roflmao:
Where on earth did you get the impression that they are kit cars?

Educate yourself about kit-cars before having a temper tantrum.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Please, provide evidence that you can buy these in kit form. If you can't buy them in kit form, they're not kit-cars.

I am sure you will be most shocked to learn that you are not the final arbiter of what is and is not a kit-car. The term kit-car encompasses the same, replicars, and unique handcrafted cars. You view the term as an opprobrium, while I, as a big fan of kit-cars, do not. However, if you wish to carry a chip on your shoulder along with your friends here, I should let you know that fixing you is not one of my priorities.

And I could build my own Mustang but that does not make it a kit car.

How absolutely stupid of you to vomit on the screen here. Stop with the temper-tantrum and realize that you have no possible way to fabricate a Ford Mustang at home...that is unless you do happen to have a machine that can create unibody structures in your basement.:rolleyes:

I am most familiar with the Saleen and the Mosler and they do have impressive specs, but that does not make them any more than race cars for the road. The Veyron has a proprietary engine along with several other propritary parts while the Mosler and Saleen do not. Why you chose to say something else stupid during your temper tantrum....well, I have no idea.

Perhaps speciality car could be seen as being more appropriate, but the term kit-car is more well known and if you want to have a problem with it, that's your problem.

Last edited:
Hey Bob, have you actually contributed anything to this forum?

Don't forget, insulting other members is the sure fire way to get you a bigger penis.

Go ahead, let me see your worst. You're probably going to mention what a miserable existence I have living in my parents' basement or something, or that I'm compensating for my emotional shortcomings. How ironic.

Stop with the temper-tantrum and realize that you have no possible way to fabricate a Ford Mustang at home...that is unless you do happen to have a machine that can create unibody structures in your basement.

It's all about the money bub.

temper-tantrum

You serious? Please friend, describe how I am throwing a "temper-tantrum"? I am only speaking the truth, you are the one you who seems to be experiencing the "temper-tantrum".

How absolutely stupid of you to vomit on the screen here. Stop with the temper-tantrum and realize that you have no possible way to fabricate a Ford Mustang at home...that is unless you do happen to have a machine that can create unibody structures in your basement.:rolleyes:

Yep and everybody has the resources and machines to build the carbon fibre bodies and chassis of these car...good job being a troll.

Hey Bob, have you actually contributed anything to this forum?

Have any one you people?!? You don't run this site nor do you own it. Have you been welcoming in any way? Check yourself before criticizing others.

When assholes are assholes just because I don't swallow the mindless groupthink, you beg to get put back into your place. You mistake post counts for me actually giving a damn about you.

I'm accused of being a troll, but naturally, the trolls who have been here awhile and think they have great power over who can and cannot enter like the Gatekeeper of Oz are the real problem. This thread was to be about the Mosler, an impressive machine, but anal crybabies have ruined it just because I didn't praise it in the only way that they determined it could be praised.

Fifth Gear and Top Gear are entertaining and often sophisticated shows. The same cannot be said of the fans who post here.:rolleyes:

This thread was to be about the Mosler, an impressive machine, but anal crybabies have ruined it just because I didn't praise it in the only way that they determined it could be praised.

It's not about praise, it is about facts. We are giving the facts and you are denying them. That is your prerogative but be aware that you are living in ignorance.;)

Have any one you people?!? You don't run this site nor do you own it. Have you been welcoming in any way? Check yourself before criticizing others.

When assholes are assholes just because I don't swallow the mindless groupthink, you beg to get put back into your place. You mistake post counts for me actually giving a damn about you.

I'm accused of being a troll, but naturally, the trolls who have been here awhile and think they have great power over who can and cannot enter like the Gatekeeper of Oz are the real problem. This thread was to be about the Mosler, an impressive machine, but anal crybabies have ruined it just because I didn't praise it in the only way that they determined it could be praised.

Fifth Gear and Top Gear are entertaining and often sophisticated shows. The same cannot be said of the fans who post here.:rolleyes:

/checks Wikipedia definition of Kit Car...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_car

No, I don't see Mosler on that list. Hmm. Saleen either. That's odd!

I guess Kit Car fits your definition on the planet Crackton, but here on Earth it seems most of the internet disagrees with you, not just the huddled "anal crybabies" on this forum.

Merry Christmas, BTW.

I love it when people try to dig themselves out of an absolute canyon that they have created for themselves. Please tell us what is your definition of a kit-car? Maybe that will help the rest of us to know where you are coming from.

You first say...
They are assembled at the factory and sold as turn-key. You could build your own Saleen or Mosler at home... Educate yourself about kit-cars before having a temper tantrum.
And then...
Now this gem...
Bob_Sapp said:
The term kit-car encompasses the same, replicars, and unique handcrafted cars.

I love your logic. You can't build your own Mustang because you need to have a machine to create the unibody, but "you could build a Saleen or Mosler at home,"...right, like it is so easy to build a carbon fiber monocoque or engineer a race winning chassis...at home no less. But then the term includes unique handcrafted cars :lol:

So which is it, can you or can you not build a Mosler or S7 at home? The NSX was a unique handcrafted car too but it, Mosler MT900S, Saleen S7, Ferrari, Chevrolet, etc... have on thing in common that truly sets them apart from "Kit-Cars", which is a manufacture VIN #. These are production vehicles from a licensed manufacturer. When one registers these cars, they are not registered as "Kit-Cars." These cars are EPA-and-DOT-certified, "Kit-Cars" are not.

Bob_Sapp said:
The Veyron has a proprietary engine along with several other propritary parts while the Mosler and Saleen do not.
Their chassis are proprietary. Just because their drivetrains aren't makes them a "kit-car?" What about the numerous manufacturer collaberations that see ones' drivetrains in others cars? Mercedes' new Bluetech diesels comes to mind. Or the fact that BMW's E36 3 Series automatic tranmissions came from GM. Those aren't kit cars...are they?

BTW do a search for members youngwarrior and ishigakisensei. They unsuccessfully did what you are doing, that is coming in here and blindly insulting and abusing people for no reason. They are no longer with us, do you really want to end up like that? Because from the look of it you are well on you way. Look through this thread and truly ask yourself who started the name calling, and who sunk to the level of vugaity, who basically bashed ever member on this board? And for what purpose? You still haven't shed light on how you could build a Mosler or S7 at home.

Fifth Gear and Top Gear are entertaining and often sophisticated shows. The same cannot be said of the fans who post here...When assholes are assholes just because I don't swallow the mindless groupthink, you beg to get put back into your place.
And what place would that be?
Have you been welcoming in any way?
Have you deserved it?

Anyway Back to the OP; don't underestimate Lucas, he took delivery of the first NSX in California back in 1991...btw that car was black too. :evil:

:santa: Merry Christmas :santa:

Last edited:
I am sure you will be most shocked to learn that you are not the final arbiter of what is and is not a kit-car. The term kit-car encompasses the same, replicars, and unique handcrafted cars. You view the term as an opprobrium, while I, as a big fan of kit-cars, do not. However, if you wish to carry a chip on your shoulder along with your friends here, I should let you know that fixing you is not one of my priorities.

Indeed, I am shocked to learn that I am not the final arbiter of what is and is not a kit-car. I now realise my life to date has been a terrible lie. Thank you for setting me straight.

WELCOME!
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
now...fuck off.
Hey, maybe I should take that back. Then again, it's Christmas, and I just got a sweet Chinese knock-off BMW belt. So stick around...buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.