Mosler is finally selling the MT900S in North America!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mosler is not a kit car. A kit car is a car you buy in it's component parts, and then assemble and finish at home. The Mosler is, as far as I know a car you can only buy already assembeled and finished from factory (See; Production roadcar) which makes it as much of a kit car as the Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo, Saleen S7, McLaren F1 and so on... Unless of course any of you can prove me wrong, and point me to whatever reliable source of information confirming that the Mosler MT900 is available as a kit car, and for a start there is nothing about that on their website...

The Ultima GTR for instance is available as a kit car, and as a production car already assembeled and finished from factory.

Last edited:
Then remain stupid as that is your choice to do so. None of you here knows a damn thing about the kit-car world and all your temper-tantrum dancing around with your fingers in your ears will do nothing the change the FACT that the Mosler is a kit-car.
Oh noes, we know nothing about the kit car world.

killme.jpg

Why thank you, my good sir, for setting me on the right path, Bob, youngwarrior, izkarenjsensei, Josef Stalin, whatever you're going to call yourself this minute.

If you're really that pathetic and miserable that you need to satisfy your deprived ego by insulting complete strangers on an obscure Internet forum about a pointless subject, then you need professional help that we just can't provide. Better pray that somebody shuts off your Internet connection and that you can go outside for once in your life.

So it might be a kit car. But honestly, NOBODY FUCKING CARES.

If we're so bad as what you say, then why are you here? Aren't you too good for us or something? :roll:

Last edited:
The Mosler is not a kit car. A kit car is a car you buy in it's component parts, and then assemble and finish at home.

As someone who claims to be a Marcos aficionado, how can you be so ignorant of the term turn-key? That is how many a Marcos vehicle was sold and that is something that you should be aware of being that you claim to be a Marcos fan. You certainly don't know much about the car company you took the name of! I won't even mention TVR or Avanti or Barabus, or Joss that you are completely unaware of as well.

The industry is much more diverse than it was in the 1970s, the 1980s, the scam filled 1990s, and the ignorant mispercetions in the heads of posters here. Willful ignorance and hostility toward anyone who informs you of the reality that destroys your preconceived myths. Magazines, clubs, and websites like the Association of Handcrafted Automobiles are full of valuable information to those who would rather learn how things are instead of just bullying others online behind anonymous unsernames.

--

BlaRo, you most certainly care about being a petulant ass to a new poster who has not been unkind to you in any way (thereby breaking the rules here). But, as someone who has been here awhile, you'll get a free pass. It is the way boards are run and I see this place is no different. Gang up on new guys to get brownie points with your posse like you're still in high school....which perhaps you still are.

I come here for the downloads only as a lurker, but I saw how you people treated Bob after he tried to educate you people on the reality of the modern kit-car world. Curtis Scott was right. But then again, no one here knows squat about kit-cars and who Curtis Scott is. It's all just a contest to see who can make the most smartass of insults while thumbing your noses at the rules and high-fiving the MODS who refuse to enforce them.

The Mosler is a kit-car and if you don't care, as some of you claim to not do so in any way, you'll have enough class to let this topic drop on its own rather than to continue to break the rules...even though the MODS will not enforce them.

I have said it before, these cars a made complete by a licensed manufacturer, regardless of the term "turn key" since kit car makers such as Beck provide turn key cars but he is not a licensed manufacturer. The Mosler is EPA and DOT approved, kit cars are not. Mosler has put these cars through and passed the necessary crash and emissions test to be legal for US roads straight from the factory, kit cars are not. They do not have a kit car registration or have a kit car title, when they are registered they are done so under the licensed manufacturer's name and VIN #, Kit Cars are not.

This is straight from the California DMV website...
A "home-made, specially constructed, or kit vehicle" is a vehicle that is built for private use, not for resale, and is not constructed by a licensed manufacturer or remanufacturer. These vehicles may be built from a kit, new or used parts, a combination of new and used parts, or a vehicle reported for dismantling (junked) that, when reconstructed, does not resemble the original make of the vehicle that was dismantled.
Mosler is a licensed manufacturer, therefore in the eyes of the Department of Transportation(which is are "the final arbiter of what is and is not a kit-car") it is not a kit car.

BTW, I don't buy that you have come here to have your first posts defend someone who was constantly used name calling and profanity without provocation and who uses the same phrases and terms as Bob_Sapp did. You speak of high school antics...well Bob-Sapp's where elementary at best.
Final_Gear_Fan said:
but as Bob explained to me from when he was a lurker here
How did he explain it to you when all your post have been in this thread? I doubt someone would PM another person to have a member be explained to them when they can easily go to jetsetter's public profile and read every post he has written, therefore come to a conclusion themselves. Instead you claim to have an abusive member discribe another member to you? Riiight... So, sounds like to me a person who was banned before with multiple accounts, combined with a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde internet personality. If not...well you are judged by the company you keep. And he/you were not suspended for his/your opinion, he was suspended because he flamed everybody who just wanted him/you to prove his point, which he/you never did, instead he/you have changed the direction of the conversation. He/you first said that one could build a Mosler at home, what happened to that argument? btw Chris who? Post a direct link to "Chris's comentary," b/c I am not sure which Chris you are referring to.

Then remain stupid as that is your choice to do so. None of you here knows a damn thing about the kit-car world and all your temper-tantrum dancing around with your fingers in your ears will do nothing the change the FACT that the Mosler is a kit-car.

Its very simple, let me dumb it down. A Kit Car is a CAR that you buy in a KIT and put together in your garage.

Can you do this with a Mosler? No.

Can you do with with a Saleen? No.

Can you do this with a Factory Five Cobra? Yes. Caterham? Yes.

I thought you guys could sort it out amongst yourselves so I left this thread open. But I guess this is going nowhere....

:lock:

Just let it go....it doesn't really matter :roll: And please lets avoid this topic in the future as I don't want to see a repeat of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.