Votes: 76 30.4%
  • Better than most of his DVD's except [insert DVD name]

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • Most of his other DVD's are better

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • Worst Clarkson DVD ever!

Votes: 42 16.8%

• Total voters
I know, I know, my point is, that the V6 isn't THAT slow. I would've been dasseled by a Ford Sierra not being faster than a horse.

Not saying Stangs are bad, not saying they are that good either.

Their average, with the sprincle of emotion. It IS an American Icon?

Their average, with the sprincle of emotion. It IS an American Icon?

It's an icon in the same way the original VW beetle was, it was made so cheap in the 60s that it was desireable, and it had some sort of power to make it move fast enough to make it look like a bargan. it's just something they forgot to stop making in the late 70s in my opinion. It's one of those things where they lost the point behind the car as well. originally it was affordable to the average person, now they are slightly out of reach for most familys so the only real option is a soft one, the V6, the economy version. For someone to say that it's a sports car would be like saying a 1.4 lupo is fast in a straight line.

I loved the DVD, Although JC has started to repeat himself over the years, I can always watch a good show bashing crappy American stuff ( I should know, I own 4 American cars at the moment, which one of them got its ass handed to it on a plate, and they are all rubbish...) :mrgreen:

thx this is what i was looking for!

and to the GT is the highest performance version (posted above sometime ago) errrr wrong again. It was not to long ago there was 4 levels of factory Mustang. the GT being the second from the BOTTOM! Yep. V6, GT (SOHC 4.6 260 hp), Mach1 (DOHC 4.6 300 hp) and Cobra (SC DOHC 4.6 390-400hp. Now there are basically 3 levels with the Shelby (SC 5.4 475-500hp) being at the top but there has been rumor for along time of a NA Shelby (GT-H you can buy basically stock SOHC 4.6 with all the FRPP stuff on it) and a Boss 302 (DOHC 5.0 "Cammer" V8 with about 400hp although the motor has been tuned with more in other FR cars and such) The GT has never really been the top performance Mustang.

Not since 65. Before the First Shelby was made. But then again, it was made by Carol Shelby, so it wasn't a Ford, still from 68 Ford did make Shelby 'Stangs, so, err, that's why I don't want a 68 Shelby.

BOSS 429 FTW! Its the most "Muscle" Mustang of the classics. Mebbe not the most "Sport" Mustang or anything. but in a straight line thats the one ya want!

and to the GT is the highest performance version (posted above sometime ago) errrr wrong again. It was not to long ago there was 4 levels of factory Mustang. the GT being the second from the BOTTOM! Yep. V6, GT (SOHC 4.6 260 hp), Mach1 (DOHC 4.6 300 hp) and Cobra (SC DOHC 4.6 390-400hp. Now there are basically 3 levels with the Shelby (SC 5.4 475-500hp) being at the top but there has been rumor for along time of a NA Shelby (GT-H you can buy basically stock SOHC 4.6 with all the FRPP stuff on it) and a Boss 302 (DOHC 5.0 "Cammer" V8 with about 400hp although the motor has been tuned with more in other FR cars and such) The GT has never really been the top performance Mustang.

I don't consider the Shelby and Cobra to be a part of the actual "Mustang" line, even though they're pretty much the same thing. They're a big step up from the Mustangs. The Mach 1 I'll give you, but they don't make it anymore. When it comes to Ford Mustangs, the GT coupe 5MT is the top performer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwAxQUDwMg[/YOUTUBE]

I watched this last night, and I must say...It was the most boringest thing Top Gear related I've ever seen. I don't like american cars much, but that was the most biased thing, ever. He nagged on the 300C, yet in Top Gear he raved about it. Maybe it's just for entertainment and not to be taken seriously, but I wasn't entertained at all. Are other Jeremy Clarkson videos this bad?

BOSS 429 FTW! Its the most "Muscle" Mustang of the classics. Mebbe not the most "Sport" Mustang or anything. but in a straight line thats the one ya want!
I'm with you on that. Can't deciede between the 69 or the 70, though. They both have design stuff I love.

Been in love with the Boss 429 for a long time.

BerserkerCatSplat: Don't hate it, just don't like it. :tease:

The 68 GT500KR was a sled. Just face it. :tease:

It is a hideously biased segment, but that's expected. It was made for a UK audience.

Oh, and go C6! ;)

so a mach1 is a Mustang... but if you put a supercharger on it (03 Cobra) its not?? please. SVT is all in-house too! Not like SLP were they leave the factory go to some other company and get changed up to a Firehawlk or whatever.

He nagged on the 300C, yet in Top Gear he raved about it.

Hmm...I don't remember too much praise for the car...in fact, I can think of 2-3 times where they said they DIDN'T like it...

so a mach1 is a Mustang... but if you put a supercharger on it (03 Cobra) its not?? please. SVT is all in-house too! Not like SLP were they leave the factory go to some other company and get changed up to a Firehawlk or whatever.

What on earth are you talking about? No one has said that SVT isn't inhouse, Shelby on the other hand, isn't. Still, as I refered, Shelby 'Stangs HAVE been buillt by Ford in the past, but to my knowledge, they aren't these days.

Please DO correct me if I'm wrong.