Do you smoke? (tobacco...)

Do you smoke? (tobacco...)

• Total voters

CyberMonkey

So, I didn't find a thread about this yes (I hope there isn't one already...) and I'm supposed to be studying so I'm bored to death.

I smoke very little, sometimes with a friend one or two while watching a movie or so, and sometimes when I go out a couple in the pub, but I'm not a habitual smoker (and doing my best not to become one).
Why? Because I kind of like the smell and taste, and together with friends its actually quite fun.

However also here the laws about cigarettes are getting more and more constricting every time, since a couple of years cigarette packs have to bear "smoking kills you" on all sides, and in a couple of days "public" places like restaurants and pubs (although nobody is quite sure yet... typical) should be completely smoke-free, which is likely to stop my smoking altogether since I wouldn't go out standing in the rain and cold to smoke a cigarette.

"but it's unhealthy!", well, thirty cigarettes a day is, indeed. But walking around in the city inhaling diesel particles and other carcinogenous stuff produced by non-forbidden stuff like cars and central heating is unhealthy too... As is eating red meat, drinking cola, my mobile phone and absorbing cosmic rays in an airplane. A couple of cigarettes won't make any difference.
However, addiction is lurking over the corner, so I'm careful. Up to now, I don't feel any urge to smoke a cigarette on any given time of the day (nor do I for alcohol, which I consume in much larger amounts) so I guess I'm still quite safe on that front.

A couple of years ago I was very anti-cigarette, but since a year I don't really mind if other people smoke in my vicinity (except when I'm eating, off course) and I do think all these "omg you're gonna die!"-labels and -laws are kind of childish. Let people decide what to do with their health and money, but do inform them very well about the dangers of it and especially inform pregnant women and parents of young children. Maybe raise the price of a pack even more (I heard the price would go up with 0,5 euro in a couple of days, which is already quite a lot since a normal pack costs about 4 euro now).

Do you smoke, how much, and how do you think about it?

Last edited:
I tend not to consume or use items that have adverse effects on my health, like tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, carbonated drinks, recreational drugs, etc.

Yeah, I'm no fun :p

I did smoke, from age 14 to 19. I quit cold-turkey after i met my current girlfriend of 8 years (and counting :D). I had been looking for a reason to quit for a long time, and she was the perfect one for me. Haven't craved anything since, although i sometimes miss the feeling of just having a cigarette in my hands, because for me it was always a relaxing moment when i smoked, so holding a cigarette had something relaxing.

And how i think about smoking? You know what they say about ex-smokers (they are the most vicious anti-smoking people on the planet) and i'm not an exception to that rule.

Nope, never have, not even once :angel: never really saw the point of doing it.
It's not that I don't like smokers or anything (my brother smokes and several of my friends) but I just like to have the choise not to be in a cloud of smoke :)

I occasionally smoke cigars, usually just one a week. It's a social thing I do with friends. To us, it's no different than having a fizzy drink or something like that. I never feel an urge to smoke, its just something I do from time to time.

full time smoker here :D

I did start smoking when I was around 14 and continued to I was about 17.. then realized that I couldn't afford it anymore so I slowly started to quit, but I'll admit I've borrowed a few cigs from friends while going out to bar and clubs after I officially quitted...

Never have, never do, never will.

Now, I'm not going to tell you not to smoke on your own turf out in the open, even though I think it's wrong, because I'm not responsible for your body. But, I will be very bothered if you smoke around people, because you have no right to poison them with second-hand smoke.

Oh, and I'm allergic.

Smoke about a pack a day. I have personal rules, though. I always smoke outside, never near others who dont want to be near it, never in my car, and NEVER EVER around the vicinity of infants.

Guess someday I'll quit, but my type of personality, which is nervous and anxiety ridden, is perfect for smoking.

dont and never will, cancer doesnt sound fun

Question :

Worse startomg smoking from early age, more smoke but body becomes more ascustom to tobacco smoke?
Worse NEVER smoke a cig until middle age less smoke but bit old for new tricks?

Reason I ask is I smoke now like a chimmley but never polluted my lungs with the "death weed" as I call it till 33. More for stress relief than anything it helps.

"never in my car,"
Oh boy that is the place where I have to have 1, Driving is so bloody boring it helps.

Last edited:
No. Smoking Kills.

Apparently every cigeratte you smoke takes 5 minutes off your life...

I don't care if other people smoke, it's their choice. If they get cancer etc. from smoking although it's sad, don't expect sympathy from me. We all know the risks, you choose to take the risk, deal with it.

Yes, and hate every draw.
I quit for a day about a month ago but I was such an ass I made my wife cry. She asked me to quit after the holidays. I'm shooting for the 2nd week of January.

I sometimes smoke the Hookah I own

my adopted father never smoked or drank but then he died at 28??????????????????

Last edited:
so does it really matter

Nope, never have, never will.

I don't like being around people who are smoking though - so I'll either avoid those situations, or just move elsewhere.